1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for "wearing in" a new pair of loafers?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by lilmann40, Jul 25, 2016.

1. lilmann40

lilmann40 Senior member

Hey all. I have a pair of loafers that fits a bit tight. I've now worn them to work about 3 times and each day, by the end of the day, as they say, my dogs are barking big time. Specifically the top of my foot is very tight.

Any advice/tips on how to wear loosen them up? I'm going to try wearing them around the house for like an hour at a time (instead of all day at work), but I figure that will be a much slower process. I was reading that cobblers can help loosen them up...anyone have experience with that?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Cobblers with the proper equipment can stretch the shoes about half a size. Try that.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Easiest is to get a cobbler or if its a decent shop you bought them from then they can do it for you.

Outside of that you can buy shoe stretching tools that look like shoe trees but with a mechanism to enlarge them which are best combined with a mechanism to soften the leather slightly in the problem areas like mink oil.

The non-equipment mechanism is to wear a couple of extra pairs of socks and put up with the pain to stretch/break them in

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016