1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tipping at a hair Salon

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by musiczone, Jul 7, 2006.

1. musiczone

musiczone Member

I'm curious how much you gents(ladies) tip at a hair salon. I've looked it up on the internet but the range is pretty wide.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I pay $55 for my haircut, tip $25 to the hairstylist and $5 to the shampoo-er. Makes it easy to get appointments, ensures special attention to the cut and I've gotten free haircuts/clean-ups for last-minute emergency situations. They will bend over backwards to keep you coming, even arranging after hours appointments. Dig it.

3. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

My stylist just raised my rate from $25 to $30 for the cut, so I increased my tip from $5 to $7.

I thought about tipping $10, but since she keeps most of the $30 anyways, because she has her own station at the shop, I decided against it.

4. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

My haircut is $30.00. I tip $10.00. The same woman has cut my hair for the last 5 years and is always willing to come in early or stay late to squeeze me in, plus she does a great job.

The shampoo girls I tip less consistently, usually because I can't find them when I am ready to leave. I'd say on average I tip them $5.00 every other time I am there.

5. alleonna

alleonna Member

have my haircut for $25... and a usual tip of $5 to $7.

6. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

have my haircut for $25... and a usual tip of $5 to $7.
    me too

7. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

They will bend over backwards to keep you coming, even arranging after hours appointments. Dig it.

This sounds like it could be from the stripper thread. Even without the crude double-entrendre.

8. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I pay $25 for my haircut. I tip the lady that actually cuts my hair $5 and the girl that shampoos it $1.

10. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

My stylist charges 35 and I tip 10 to her and another 2 to the shampoo woman.

bob

11. DNW

DNW Senior member

I pay 15 for my haircut, plus 5 for tip. She also shampoos my hair, but I often decline because I usually was in a hurry. I hate getting back 1-2 dollars in change.

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I pay $50 for the cut, and I tip $10 or $20. Usually it's $20, which is probably overtipping a bit, but the stylist is someone who has been cutting my hair for a long time and who I regard as a friend. I once asked her whether people customarily tip the shampoo-ers. (This was early on in our "relationship", when I had little experience with haircuts not done at Supercuts or a ramshackle barber shop.) She told me that she always shares her tips with them (much as a server may share tips with busboys). Given that, I don't separately tip them.