1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Reynard369, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

I've read the book and seen the BBC series, so I know who it is, I'm just pointing out the instructions/codenames Control gives the suspects, and how the movie has (already) gotten this wrong.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

You're saying a movie screwed something up just because the trailer doesn't set the story up as your expect? According to imdb all the characters Reynard listed were cast in the film. So what has the movie (from what you gather through a 2 minute long trailer) gotten wrong?

3. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

The codenames that are given to the characters, according to the trailer, are not accurate to the novel. It's not a big gripe, just an unnecessary "dumbing down" for the slower members of the audiences.

4. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

Oldman may finally get that deserved Academy Award nomination!

5. deltafoxtrot

deltafoxtrot Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011