• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timex, anyone?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I start with the usual apologies: couldn't find a thread in Streetwear, looking for opinions, I'm a loser, I've had a coupla beers, send me to Siberia if you've heard this one before, et cetera ad nauseum.

Anyway, I detest spending more than a couple hundred USD on watches, mostly because I can be careless with them, i.e., lose them, break them, etc., so I really enjoy finding a good-looking and functional/stylish watch for under 200 USD.

I've been looking through the Timex online site and really like the Easy-to-Read models and some others. Any thoughts, suggestions, other...?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread is just going to die, inn't.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And keeps on... dammit, I should have known I wouldn't get any serious replies.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a timex. works for me. i wont cry if i ******* up. not much to say about them, though. i just looked for one that looked ok

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
R., What kind, and more important, what should I buy? & don't say the special flower one. I couldn't find that one anyway.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob- Get the J.Crew Timex. It is only like $130 after a %20 discount or student discount. It is very nice and the watchbands give you dozens of options. Have you seen it in person? It is much better than your average Timex. TRUST ME. It is a Timex by name only.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The store here has it. I like it. I might have to just go for broke and get a damned 150 dollar Timex.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
The store here has it. I like it. I might have to just go for broke and get a damned 150 dollar Timex.

whooa, slow down there man

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert someone in B&S is selling it (the J. Crew Timex) for less than retail.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyway, I don't want this thread to be all special flower robert. Post your opinions/experiences with Timex or other low-cost watches.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
personally I'm really feeling more inclined to pull the trigger on a 45 Easy to Read than a 150 j. crew. Is there really 3x the benefit from going with the jc/timex???

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy Reads should be cheaper than 45. Try Target.

05charley

Reaction score
Been using Timex for several years with good luck. Usually one of the Ironman versions. $40 or $50.
Lasts about 4 or 5 years before either the battery goes or the band breaks. The ones with the new bands are lighter and more comfortable. Works fine. If you wear an Ironman, people think you are an athlete and you can get away with wearing it with almost anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads