• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time to start taking care of myself.

turboman808

Reaction score
Starting to put together a whole program, the last 3-4 years have really taken a toll on me it seems. I am 38 now. For my age I still look good I must say, but it seems up till just 3-4 years ago I continually got people that were shocked to find out how old I was. People always thought I was 20-21. I still get that but now they think I am more like 28-30. Not bad I guess but I have to start getting it together.

I also just got married last week and having a lovely young bride who many think is only 18 and I robbed the cradle sure doesn't help. She is 28 btw, she just looks really young for her age.

First order of business is I need to take care of my skin. Part of that is exercise, part eating and finally skin care itself. Learning all about skin care and it's really just like detailing a car I am finding. Right product used at the right time and in the proper manner.

I found a few products that at the moment seem to really be doing the trick. I will probably change it up over time because I recently picked up kiehls products and a ton of samples and they really seem to be awesome. You also should use products for night and day. You can use heavier products at night but for the day they are just to thick and heavy.

For day-
Elmis eye cream around the eyes
Kiehls SPF 50 under Loreal anti wrinkle cream-on face
Kiehls body lotion with spf 30 on exposed areas and dry areas

Night-
Elmis eye cream around the eyes
Kiehls rehydrating cream on face
Kiehls whipped body butter all over

I've always been athletic but mainly running and biking. I find I need to do a more well rounded routine and just started doing P90X. So far it's pretty tough and I about threw up the first time. Also seems to get my heart rate up and get a good sweat. I find getting a really good sweat and drinking lots of water does wonders for the skin.

I have started cutting out eating crap. It's very hard. People offer you junk food all the time and just yesterday I was so dam hungry I ate a greasy hamburger. But I am working on it.

Finally I have started to notice some thinning in the hair line. Not bad but I cannot deny it. Ordered propecia this morning and hoping that helps. Also not something I am very happy about.

Anyways I would love to hear advice from others and what you guys do to stay in shape and stay looking young.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For diet you should look into Intermittent Fasting (IF). I have been following Martin Berkhams' protocol for about two months now and am loving it. So far I have put on some lean mass while shedding body fat and am getting a lot of complements from people.

leangains.com

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
For diet you should look into Intermittent Fasting (IF). I have been following Martin Berkhams' protocol for about two months now and am loving it. So far I have put on some lean mass while shedding body fat and am getting a lot of complements from people.

leangains.com

Thanks Johnny I will look into it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads