• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time to show another Jantzen

jmatt

Reaction score
Here's the first shirt from my recent 6 shirts. In breaking with tradition, I took the pictures at the end of the day. So this shirt has seen an hour of driving in a car and 9 hours sitting in a desk chair.

As always, I welcome all comments.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Looks quite different in another light. No tie? Well I guess that shows off the shirt more. Seems to keep well pressed in the front and fits you well. Good buy!

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Looks quite different in another light. No tie? Well I guess that shows off the shirt more. Seems to keep well pressed in the front and fits you well. Good buy!
I took the tie off just for these pictures. Here's pictures of the other 5 fabrics in my recent order:

jmatt

Reaction score
Final 2 pictures to show the typical Jantzen pattern-matching. You can notice the sewer bobbled on the sleeve gauntlet. In all honesty, I didn't notice that until it was blown up in the picture. To my awareness, that's the biggest "error" in my entire 6 shirt order.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the herringbones the best

royal618

Reaction score
I dig the stripe. Care to tell me which swatch that is? I'm about to try my first Jantzen.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
I took the tie off just for these pictures. Here's pictures of the other 5 fabrics in my recent order:
I see you have three white shirt... I think there is still no consensus in the elusive search for the best white fabric in their inventory, which ones did you pick?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great pics, sir. Could you add the shirt photos with corresponding fabric numbers to the wiki?

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
I see you have three white shirt... I think there is still no consensus in the elusive search for the best white fabric in their inventory, which ones did you pick?
I am wearing JKT #0090 or JKT #0091 I'm not sure which, but it's probably #90.

The other shirts, in the order shown are:

JKT #0009
Dobby #163
Dobby #156 (maybe)
JKT #0047
JKT #0089

The reason I say "maybe" on one shirt, is Jantzen was out of a fabric I ordered. I told RIcky I trusted him - just pick another. Dobby #163 I might not buy a second time, as it doesn't feel as nice as the rest. It still looks great, just not as good by comparison. The blue stripe is - as advertised - an oxford cloth. I don't personally like oxford cloth as much, but I love this fabric. The other 4 shirts I would definitely buy again. All 6 are better than any OTR shirt I've ever owned.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You definitely like your shirts on the trimmer side, aside from that stylistic choice, the shirts look better than 99% of the ill-fitting ponchos from the RTW market. Congratulations on the shirts. Now this thread is going to screw up wait time for another 6-8 weeks.

thanks a lot.

kcheng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Great pics, sir. Could you add the shirt photos with corresponding fabric numbers to the wiki?

I noticed that you had posted up a few shirts with on their with unknown fabrics. Just out of curiosity, is it the intention to compile a Jantzen fabric database? I have a dozen or two if that is the case and I am sure most of you do as well.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcheng
I noticed that you had posted up a few shirts with on their with unknown fabrics. Just out of curiosity, is it the intention to compile a Jantzen fabric database? I have a dozen or two if that is the case and I am sure most of you do as well.
Yes, that is indeed the intention. It is much more easier to choose fabrics with the aid of photos of completed shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads