• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time to play guess the designer

Alexis

Reaction score
center11jp.jpg

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say it has to be Italian by looking at the shirt collar. My guess is Borrelli.

Is it me or do those buttons look like plastic?

petescolari

Reaction score
My guess is Etro. The patches near the sleevehead are throwing me for a loop though.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll guess Etro as well. Reasons: boldness of the pattern and use of color (large powder blue windowpane on cream background anyone?) including the pattern on the pocket square, and unusual details (like that on the sleevehead) and the merging of a safari style flapped bellows pocket with unflapped chest patch pocket on a hunting jacket shape. Also, the jacket looks moderately, but not exagerratedly, fitted. Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if this was Paul Smith, although that would be my second guess only.

arvi

Reaction score
this may be out of left field' but could it be Baretta? i've noticed some county-looking jackets in their window on madison avenue but have never gone inside store..

PHV

Reaction score
Any gino brand gets my vote based on the garish popped collar. Just add a Von Dutch hat and you're good to go.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any gino brand gets my vote based on the garish popped collar. Just add a Von Dutch hat and you're good to go.

What the hell? First off, notice that the "popped collar" is functional, likely inspired by traditional English designs. Not that that matters. Second, a "gino" brand? Seriously, what the **** is the matter with you?

Eric

Reaction score
What the hell? Â First off, notice that the "popped collar" is functional, likely inspired by traditional English designs. Â Not that that matters. Â Second, a "gino" brand? Â Seriously, what the **** is the matter with you?
Jesus LA Guy. LOL. Eric

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't hold back LA Guy, tell him how you really feel.

Eric

Reaction score
Drizzt, I think he took offense to the Von Dutch comment, breaking up is tough to do, huh LA Guy? Haha.

Eric

PHV

Reaction score
What the hell? Â First off, notice that the "popped collar" is functional, likely inspired by traditional English designs. Â Not that that matters. Â Second, a "gino" brand? Â Seriously, what the **** is the matter with you?
What's the matter? Come to Montreal and go to just about any nightclub, and then you'll see what's the matter. Popped collars are like the calling cards of grease balls in this country. They're so lame.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drizzt, I think he took offense to the Von Dutch comment, breaking up is tough to do, huh LA Guy? Haha.

Ouch. I still stand by their standard, "Engineer" jeans, which are a good, solid dark jean with an interesting green tint and minimal, albeit a little wierd (faint striations all down the leg?) distressing. They fit great - trust me, I've tried on pretty much every pair of jeans our there - and for a medium-low rise (about 11"), slight boot cut jean, these are superlative. And details are interesting, with understated back pocket stitching, interesting stitching overall, and cool slanted belt loops. Its too bad that they overextended their brand coverage and at the same time came out with such crappy distressed and logoed model. And for the record, I've always hated the hats and tees (check my old posts... I speak true.)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the matter? Come to Montreal and go to just about any nightclub, and then you'll see what's the matter. Popped collars are like the calling cards of grease balls in this country. They're so lame
I love Montreal, although I am definitely a Leafs fan. And while I think that popped collars and trucker caps are lame (why is it that trends that died a year ago die so hard outside of NYC and LA?), is there really a need to call guys "greaseballs?" I mean, the slagging of specific ethnicities is just uncalled for. Well, I guess that we can make an exception for the French and their surrendering ways
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads