• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time needs to speed up

migo

Reaction score
So right after work today I will be going to the mall to get a ps3...5pm cannot be approaching any slower!
plain.gif
Add to that the fact that I'm pretty much done with my work for the day. Ugh.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
play some internet flash games, or browse SF, or take a nap!

TUspiv

Reaction score
I'd like the next school year to fly by...I get to spend a few months in Alaska next summer and then I'm studying in China for a year after that. I can't motivate myself to care about anything else. Have fun with your PS3 and enjoy the blu-ray
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, youth. There will come a day when you want time to slow way down. Right now, 20 years ago seems like yesterday to me.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I really think this is Einstein's unknown theory of relativity: time passes more quickly as humans age.

TUspiv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
Ah, youth. There will come a day when you want time to slow way down. Right now, 20 years ago seems like yesterday to me.

People keep telling me this, but I don't know what to do about it (if there is anything to do about it). Other than savor it, I suppose.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need the next hour and a half to speed up. COM'ON 5PM!!! LLLLOOOONG WEEEKEND!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, I really think this is Einstein's unknown theory of relativity: time passes more quickly as humans age.

Well, it's got squat to do with einstein, but as far as empirical observations go, it's pretty much spot on. Time seems to fly by now. In high school it seemed painfully slow. I remember sitting there every day, just staring at the clock, and waiting for it to end. All in all, I think it's a good thing. I can't imagine getting through a week of work if each day felt as long as a day in high school did.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I need the next hour and a half to speed up. COM'ON 5PM!!! LLLLOOOONG WEEEKEND!

Advice: never, ever play MMOs. If you're jonesing this much for a ps3, god forbid what something like evercrack would do to you.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GQ: I was being facetious.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well the older you get, the shorter every day is compared to the rest of your life.

kalice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Well the older you get, the shorter every day is compared to the rest of your life.

+1

I don't remember much where the last ten years of my life went. In fact, I still feel like I should be in Gr. 9.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Advice: never, ever play MMOs. If you're jonesing this much for a ps3, god forbid what something like evercrack would do to you.

I don't like MMOs.

and I <3 my ps3

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads