• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Time for a Winter Coat!

fut

Reaction score
So it's that time of year and after wearing out my shitty Gap Wool Coat, I believe it's time to get a new one! The trick here is that I am tall, with a slim / athletic build. (6'3" 175 lbs) - I like to wear classy, business man like apparel, e.g. Wool Coats.

Now when I was in Amsterdam, all those clothes fit me perfectly because everyone there is so tall. Back here in NYC, most clothes don't fit me well. Either the waist is too short, the sleeves are too long, it's too wide, etc.

I'm looking for a wool coat that will fit my physique well. I'm not looking for one that will go down to my ankles, that's a little too formal for me. Price isn't a huge issue because this is a once in a every few year purchase!

And this is New York City so specific brand names shouldn't be an issue either!

Thank you so much!

P.S. If you can recommend me brands that fit me well in other clothes it'd be greatly appreciated.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you get a 3/4 length coat from one of the usual suspects (look on STP, for example) and have it tailored to fit you just right? That should surely give you better value than some exotic source.

fut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Why don't you get a 3/4 length coat from one of the usual suspects (look on STP, for example) and have it tailored to fit you just right? That should surely give you better value than some exotic source.

That sounds like a great idea, only what is STP?

fut

Reaction score
I see now that it is Sierra Trading Post.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear:

i'm looking for a quality designer coat, anywhere from 500 - 900 dollars that fits tall, slim athletic builds. Can soemone recommend me a good brand?

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fut
Now when I was in Amsterdam, all those clothes fit me perfectly because everyone there is so tall. Back here in NYC, most clothes don't fit me well. Either the waist is too short, the sleeves are too long, it's too wide, etc.

Any Amsterdam brands in particular, particularly ones with an international presence?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 263 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 16.0%
  • 31 - 40