• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Time for a Minimum post requirement for Social Life SubForum?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
I have practically no social life whatsoever, do I deserve to be here?

You eat food and drink right?

I think you're good to go
biggrin.gif

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FFS, this place feels more and more like a well dressed junior high school each day. And I always thought girls were more high maintenance.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TM79
FFS, this place feels more and more like a well dressed junior high school each day. And I always thought girls were more high maintenance.

we're meek lambs compared to those crazy basterds there at london lounge... man those dudes are something else.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I support a minimum post count for all of them.

Yes. That totally makes sense mathematically. Brilliant reasoning.

zeeth

Reaction score
i've been here for more than a year and still don't have enough posts to look at the current events board.

but the flipside of that is that i'm pretty sure i've made few annoying posts.

until this one anyways.

edit: jesus, 2.5

Steggy

Reaction score
It's not like creating a minimum post requirement will really rid you of pests. Plus, like, when you have a new user, it's kind of a fresh slate(though with a lot of forums there is the whole join date supremecy deal, but you don't really know what you're going to get with a new user. A lot of the times on forums, when you see the users with 2k/3k/so on posts, quite a few got to that amount BY posting the empty posts like water/five guys/whatever. It's never gonna be perfect, you just gotta kind of ignore the spam, as it's bound to make its presence in any forum.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kona coffee.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banning the creation of new threads would be better.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
It's not like creating a minimum post requirement will really rid you of pests. Plus, like, when you have a new user, it's kind of a fresh slate(though with a lot of forums there is the whole join date supremecy deal, but you don't really know what you're going to get with a new user. A lot of the times on forums, when you see the users with 2k/3k/so on posts, quite a few got to that amount BY posting the empty posts like water/five guys/whatever. It's never gonna be perfect, you just gotta kind of ignore the spam, as it's bound to make its presence in any forum.
I agree... but it seems to me that if your FIRST post is "five guys", you are not trying to up your post count, you found this site for some reason other than your interest in Men's Style and Fashion.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
am I the only one that's getting a little tired of someone with 2 posts jumping in on the "Best Burger Ever" thread to give a shout-out to Five Guys?

This reminds me of the annual "Best of" readers' poll issue published by Metroland, the weekly "alternative" newspaper in my hometown in upstate New York...Burger King always comes in third in the "Best Burger" category.

vettloffah

Reaction score
don't you think that implementing a minimum post requirement in the first place is what's encouraging people to post useless babble in order to increase their post count?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See above - I think if MC and SWAD are the only areas open to N00bs , we won't wind up with people who only have opinions on burgers and politics and don't really care about the clothes. Maybe that should not be a pre-requisite to post in the other fora, but that's a different discussion.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Been saying this forever. It's usually just some newbie who goes from thread to thread just posting for the sake of getting his post-count up. Usually goes like this:

You're favorite beer: Blue Moon
Best Burger Ever: Five Guys!
Water are you drinking right now?: Water!

etc.

Don't forget:

Best City in the World: Chicago!!

Especially present when someone says they like New York.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
See above - I think if MC and SWAD are the only areas open to N00bs , we won't wind up with people who only have opinions on burgers and politics and don't really care about the clothes. Maybe that should not be a pre-requisite to post in the other fora, but that's a different discussion.

Why don't you want me around?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an opinion on burgers, but nobody wants to hear it.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads