• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timberland Boot Company

dubcbadass

Reaction score
Does anyone else find the distressed/pre-worn look of these not so appealing? I prefer to beat up my own kicks, thanks.

stevenvg

Reaction score
anybody else got boots from this company? how's the sizing + quality? thinking of getting one of their boots meself.

zakurie

Reaction score
I have had a pair of these for about 15 months:
LG_83584_001.jpg
As far as sizing, I bought a size 8, which is a full size smaller than I am. In December, I went looking for another pair, and they had fixed the sizing. In terms of quality, they have held up very well, until last week when I noticed a small hole at the end (middle of my foot) of the captoe, and the hole is growing. They are ready for a re-sole. I have been looking for a stockist that carries this same pair, which I have not been able to find. Now, I am looking at buying boots in Japan when I go next week.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Avebury
Not keen on Timberland. Overpriced crap. No real support for the foot - upper just glued to the rubber sole unit, so my feet used to hurt like hell after a long country walk. The boot was only waterproof because the leather was backed with nasty blue rubber. The last was horrible. If I wanted a sturdy no-nonsesne boot I could knock about in, I'd buy a quality walking boot.

You are referrring to Timberland and not Boot Co. by Timberland though correct? I purchased a pair of the BCBT cap toe in brown about a month or so ago and I must say the leather is soft as hell and the supports at the bottom are fantastic. It feels as if I'm walking in a dress shoe with sneaker support. I recommend them.

seraphn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
If they're affiliated with the "regular" Timberland company then my recommendation is to stay far, far away. Their products do not hold up under heavy use.

Some time ago, I bought a pair of relatively expensive ($180+) Timberland hiking boots. I managed to destroy them in only TWO backcountry hiking trips.

Granted, both trips were in mountainous terrain and involved hauling 30+ pounds of gear on our backs through that terrain -- but for $180 I expected much more. By the end of the second trip there was no support left in the arch.

Timberland seems to be like The North Face in that they have left their roots in quality behind.

my ghetto tim boots have held up pretty well over 4 years of walking and working in them. they look like ****, but still in one piece - though I haven't used them regularly for almost 2 years. dunno about the quality of their walking hiking boots, however.

their new series has some good looks, tho.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For reference, we aren't talking about the regular Timberland shoes/boots you can get at the mall. This thread is about Timberland Boot Company launched in the UK in 2005. Zakurie- I'm glad to hear yours lasted 15 months before needing a resole. I was worried I'd wear through the heel in about 2 months. Grapevinehill has a bunch of TBC shoes/boots at about half off. I just picked up these:
148658.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received ^those shoes yesterday and am wearing them today. With the leather/rubber sole, I thought they'd be uncomfortable, but they are seriously the most comfortable shoes I own. The insole is super soft and provides so much support that I don't use my custom insoles. Sizing is pretty well spot on, but they are plenty wide (which I like). So, if you are a half size with narrow feet, you might go with the full size below (e.g., if you are 9.5, go with 9). Amazing shoes, and well worth the half price from Grapevinehill.

one last thing- After reading about how TBC started in the UK, I was slightly surprised to find my shoes were made in China. Doesn't really change my opinion of them, though.

mistewacko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I received ^those shoes yesterday and am wearing them today. With the leather/rubber sole, I thought they'd be uncomfortable, but they are seriously the most comfortable shoes I own. The insole is super soft and provides so much support that I don't use my custom insoles. Sizing is pretty well spot on, but they are plenty wide (which I like). So, if you are a half size with narrow feet, you might go with the full size below (e.g., if you are 9.5, go with 9). Amazing shoes, and well worth the half price from Grapevinehill.

one last thing- After reading about how TBC started in the UK, I was slightly surprised to find my shoes were made in China. Doesn't really change my opinion of them, though.

Thanks for the review^ Just to confirm in terms of sizing, they are true to size and wide (8.5 E get an 8.5?)? If so, they sound like they belong on my feet.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they only come in whole sizes. If you are an 8.5, I'd recommend an 8. If your feet are particularly wide, maybe a 9? Grapevinehill does returns & exchanges.

mistewacko

Reaction score
Grapevinehill currently has a 25% off sale til June. TBCs look even more appealing at 65% off MSRP.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I just bought another pair
smile.gif
the 25% off sale code is 'MOVE', but it apprently doesn't work on their ebay store. They'll still do phone orders on ebay items and let you use the code. I am expecting these to darken to a nice honey color in the sun. Otherwise, I might do a little dyeing. Not bad for $82.
148644.jpg

dropbeats

Reaction score
damn i remember back in high school all the preppy nature boys used to wear the timberlad hiking boots with the polo shirts anybody remember that ****?

Totakeke

Reaction score
4uhI3.jpg

from Timberland Boot Co. Should I?

Also anyone know if they are TTS?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads