• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tim hamilton

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I have a pair of pants. I know 2-3 forum members have the reversible trench. Some people have some button ups. Neil Patrcik Harris has some pants. There are some pieces i'd want. The Gilt sale is older stuff that didn't sell last time with some new things thrown in. Mostly basics.

Also, that's a pretty lame username for an alt account, Jet

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by escarole
does anybody actually buy this ****?

Why not?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i prefer ashley hamilton's collections. and george's tan.

escarole

Reaction score
i do have a chambray that is very nice but 780 on a thermal is weimar germany pricing

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Thoughts on this?

http://www.gilt.com/s/timh/product/8050057

I went back and forth between this and the thermal in the same color forever. I'm severely lacking in the basics (although it's improving day to day) and this would be the only v-neck I own. Color too bright for someone with wavy brown hair, olivish skin and brown eyes?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like this guy already, can we trade 2dumb for him?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I bought the blue chambray off guilt today for $140 after shipping, think that was worth it?

I would have bought the red if it weren't sold out by the time I looked. So yes, I think it is worth it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the red one. You see blue allthe time, red is unique. Wish I coulda got it. Sold out quick.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
i searched for tim hamilton on google, forgetting my safesearch was off. Not good results
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif

Dont do it!!
teacha.gif

blynch

Reaction score
I ask because I had never heard of tim hamilton before and am buying blind, no idea of quality/construction/fit/etc. Looked pretty nice so I figured I'd give it a shot, this is my first purchase on guilt. I am reasonably unfamiliar with higher end clothing, but an looking to get into it more.

kjs30821

Reaction score
Tim Hamilton is one of the best young new designers in the US, right? Think I read an article about him on details or gq a year ago or two. I think if you got it off Gilt, it should be a good starter. The price seems to be over priced. but the quality/fit/details are nice and simple.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like my red chambray a lot. I paid 100 for it during the first Gilt sale. Since then, the price went up.

I also have the reversible trench. While nice, not sure it warrants the 300 I paid and definitely not worth the full retail value.

I haven't embraced the silver side out yet.

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tim Hamilton produces many of his garments in Japan and Italy--quality and finishing and overall look are great.
He's come a long way in the past few years from just doing knits to full collections (doing women's soon). In probably late May we will be having an amazing Spring 09 sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads