• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tim Hamilton Sample Sale

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inviscid
I don't know much about Tim Hamilton... what does his stuff retail at around? 3rd floor of barney's on madison or co-op? and what can I expect to pay at this place

It's sort of in between 3rd Floor Barneys and Co-Op....it's like 4th Floor of Barneys with Michael Kors and John Varvatos. A fair amount of cashmere/knits are done in GB, lots of the clothes in made in USA and the denim is Japanese.

Originally Posted by rnoldh
Thanks, but I've never heard of Tim Hamilton.

SoCal, What exactly do you do in the fashion industry?

You're obviously knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

And while I'm not a fan of TB, I think it's great that you have kept him being discussed in SF.

I was an assistant buyer for Saks and now I'm a regional sales dir. for a jewelry company. But, even before that I was pretty well attuned just being a good customer and going to parties, knowing people, etc.

Originally Posted by blank
. Almost bought a black wafflish knit hoodie at $100 (with riri's) but passed because I don't really wear black (though the rust-ish zipper down the center almost contrasted enough).

I really like those waffle hoodies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well I don't think his prices are that high; but, I feel for the most part it given its place in the market that it is price accordingly. Most of the stuff is made in an "attentive" manner (meaning a place with a small production facility where QC is monitored closely), his fabrics are either Japanese or British for the most part and he is very hands on and involved to the point where last season all of his pieces are Bergdorf were hand delivered and the invoices were hand written.

mutterlein

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently did a long gig freelancing for Tim. His operation from what I understand is very very small, pretty much just him and his sister. I like his clothes becase he gives very inconic and very simple sportswear pieces a hyper intense feeling of luxury and character. The details and the fabrics are incredibly special and sensual. Only the basics fit in however with my personal style.

the etruscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Well I don't think his prices are that high; but, I feel for the most part it given its place in the market that it is price accordingly. Most of the stuff is made in an "attentive" manner (meaning a place with a small production facility where QC is monitored closely), his fabrics are either Japanese or British for the most part and he is very hands on and involved to the point where last season all of his pieces are Bergdorf were hand delivered and the invoices were hand written.

This and the next post have me really excited. I picked up a pair of his baggy herringbone trousers from shop jake for $120.

Curious if anyone has links for the waffle-knit hoodies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Yeah, I have to give him props for that. He's definitely working hard and I hope it pays off for him in the future.

akaidiot

Reaction score
I stopped by here earlier today and came away very pleased. First off, the sign said the hours were 12-5 (although I had seen 11-6) but they let us in at 5:30 and didn't rush us. Everyone there was extremely personable, unlike a lot of other sample sales I've been to. And they were marking a bunch of stuff down for tomorrow and gave me and my friends' tomorrow's prices. That was nice.

Blank summed up the stock perfectly. I got a nice black and blue stripped lightweight sweater and a scarf, but that's only because that's all the cash I had to buy. I tried on some of the shirts and they were long enough in the arms and weren't huge in the body, which I find kind of rare at 6'2". The shorts looked nice as did the 'washed pants.' I didn't quite catch what they were marking down for tomorrow, but they said they had to mark down all the outwear, so that will be less expensive tomorrow. I was thinking of going back tomorrow to get some shirts but may wait until Monday just to see how much they mark stuff down. But overall I was really happy with what they had here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the etruscan
This and the next post have me really excited. I picked up a pair of his baggy herringbone trousers from shop jake for $120.

Curious if anyone has links for the waffle-knit hoodies.

Not to thread-jack or anything....but I've been debating on snagging a pair. How do they fit in terms of sizing (size up or down) and where are they made?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see any of those, in fact I asked for a grey, but they only had one full-zip and it was black.

I agree that the staff was very personable, which is so refreshing at these sample sales. Pointing me toward cheap stuff, things in my size, etc.

akaidiot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
Anybody back for this today. How are the prices now?

Thanks,
Dan

I almost went back for a third day in a row but felt like I was being ridiculous. That would be ridiculous, right? I work nearby and could have just stopped in, but.... I dunno. Seemed like a bit much.

Did anyone go back and have a report back? I should have gotten a pair of the shorts on Sunday and I am kind of kicking myself for not.

Oh, and dude was even nicer on Sunday. I mentioned I said nice stuff on style forums and he gave me 20$ off the two shirts I bought and said I could have a tie for free. Pretty cool!

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akaidiot
I almost went back for a third day in a row but felt like I was being ridiculous. That would be ridiculous, right? I work nearby and could have just stopped in, but.... I dunno. Seemed like a bit much.

Did anyone go back and have a report back? I should have gotten a pair of the shorts on Sunday and I am kind of kicking myself for not.

Oh, and dude was even nicer on Sunday. I mentioned I said nice stuff on style forums and he gave me 20$ off the two shirts I bought and said I could have a tie for free. Pretty cool!

Just got back (was there yesterday too) after sneaking out of work in midtown. They still had a fair amount of stock on certain items (lots of chunky sweaters). Prices dropped slightly. Unfortunately, the stuff I went back for wasn't really there any longer (the amazing cotton/wool/rayon t-shirts).

I really want one of those leather jackets (they're incredible), but even at $600, they're too out of my league right now.

The staff was exceptionally nice today (as were they yesterday). I hate to say this, cause I may ruin it for me next year, but this is without a doubt the best sample sale I've ever been to.

Dan

the etruscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
Unfortunately, the stuff I went back for wasn't really there any longer (the amazing cotton/wool/rayon t-shirts).

The staff was exceptionally nice today (as were they yesterday). I hate to say this, cause I may ruin it for me next year, but this is without a doubt the best sample sale I've ever been to.

Dan

Damn, sounds like I could have gotten in some serious trouble if I'd seen what was there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads