• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tighter jeans and your stuff

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Stuff as in your keys, cellphone. With the tighter jeans, I always feel uncomortable with my keys and cellphone in my pocket especially when sitting. But I don't really like the look of the cellphone clip on the waist. But these look like a different take on the cellphone clip:
http://www.redmoon.co.jp/brand/redmo...ies/index.html

I saw some interesting keyhooks from redmoon.

http://www.redmoon.co.jp/brand/redmo...ook/index.html

What do you guys think. What do you guys do with your accessories?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cell phone clips can't be cool. Red Moon does it better than most, but even so. If you're carrying a lot of stuff, wear cargo pants or carry a bag.

ruach

Reaction score
I usually keep my cellphone in my bag. Since it is always on vibrate I now almost always miss calls, but this has become an extra plus as I don't like talking on the phone. If I'm expecting a call while I'm out, I just keep my phone in my back pocket.

As for keys, I think a keyhook-type thing is the most common. I don't drive so I don't have to use keys outside of getting into my apartment. I just stick them in my pocket and worry about struggling to fish them out when the time comes.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why when I read this topic did I think you referring to genitalia... <coughs> because I have trouble situating myself in tight jeans.

Aureus

Reaction score
Blazers have lots of pockets.... or at least thats my normal solution for carrying lots of junk around.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a dilemma for me and I think I will be going back to slightly looser jeans for my next pair. My APCs are pretty tight but I can carry my phone, my Earnests are too tight to carry it comfortably. I dont like the idea of carrying a bag just for my keys and phone and wallet. That sounds too fussy.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
This is a dilemma for me and I think I will be going back to slightly looser jeans for my next pair. My APCs are pretty tight but I can carry my phone, my Earnests are too tight to carry it comfortably. I dont like the idea of carrying a bag just for my keys and phone and wallet. That sounds too fussy.

When you go out, do you wear a jacket? Your wallet should always be slim enough to fit in your back pocket, but the keys and phone can always go in a jacket. How many keys are you carrying around? This may be personal opinion, but it seems like carrying 10 or 12 keys and toys and a swiss army knife and a beanie babie and a george foreman grill on your key ring is a little bit tacky, especially when you're paying so much for jeans to make you look slim and somewhat minimalist. Ditto a phone... so these items should fit in the pockets of any jacket rather well. Other than that, do you go out often without a jacket or bag?
So, with less accusations, here's my advice: slim down your stuff. You shouldn't need more than a slim billfold, a few keys and your phone and if you do, you shouldn't feel bad about carrying a bag or wearing a coat.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Wow, I love those Red Moon keyhooks. Already emailed Derrick. My keyhook is so lame compared to those. Must. Have. Now.

Oh, and I kind of stopped carrying my cell phone to most places when I decided I dont want to hold it any more in my jeans. I love it. Life without a cell is so much less stressful.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Wow, I love those Red Moon keyhooks. Already emailed Derrick. My keyhook is so lame compared to those. Must. Have. Now.

Oh, and I kind of stopped carrying my cell phone to most places when I decided I dont want to hold it any more in my jeans. I love it. Life without a cell is so much less stressful.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting one too. Coldrice said he found a cheaper alternative to the Redmoon's silver key hook.

Trying to decide if I could pull off the braid wallet holder look also.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PunctualAlex
When you go out, do you wear a jacket?

Well thats the thing, in California I might, or I might not. It works out perfectly fine on those days when its chilly enough to wear a jacket, but what about if I don't? Sometimes its 90 degrees and sunny and I'm not going to be wearing a blazer just to go grocery shopping. I will be wearing jeans though, or at least I would like to.

Also I find it odd in principle to have pockets but not be able to use them. Jeans are supposed to be utilitarian, right? We are getting to the point of girls who cannot use their pockets at all.

BTW I dont carry many keys at all. I have about 4 normal keys and one of those slightly larger electronic car keys.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Well thats the thing, in California I might, or I might not. It works out perfectly fine on those days when its chilly enough to wear a jacket, but what about if I don't? Sometimes its 90 degrees and sunny and I'm not going to be wearing a blazer just to go grocery shopping. I will be wearing jeans though, or at least I would like to.

Also I find it odd in principle to have pockets but not be able to use them. Jeans are supposed to be utilitarian, right? We are getting to the point of girls who cannot use their pockets at all.

BTW I dont carry many keys at all. I have about 4 normal keys and one of those slightly larger electronic car keys.

Yeah, I'm somewhat uncomfortable with the clash between expensive fashion and a work-a-day lifestyle. Today I volunteered to mow my mother's lawn, but the only shoes I wore home were my tan suede sneakers, which would not take well to grass stains. Sneakers are also supposed to be all-purpose footwear, so why do I have sneakers that I can't use for fear of getting them dirty? It's a little silly, but I put up with it because they make me look awesome the rest of the time. I guess the jeans are the same way, as ridiculous as it sounds we make sacrifices for our fashion.
On the other hand, you might get some interesting fade marks from your phone, sort of the new-millenium version of wallet fading only somewhat bizarre and inappropriate. I have a big clunky Nokia which is very awkward in my front pocket, so I haven't really solved this problem other than reducing my keys and wallet and carrying a bag or coat 90% of the time... but I'm in New England so if you go out without a coat most of the time you're a little bit nuts anyway.

jgu

Reaction score
I got a Motorola RAZR and a money clip because I don't like to carry bulky things in my pockets.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I agree wholeheartedly.

alflauren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Why when I read this topic did I think you referring to genitalia... <coughs> because I have trouble situating myself in tight jeans.

I had the same thought. Tight jeans don't leave too much room for your junk.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
It always seems to go along with hefty plastic glasses and meticulous stubble, but you can put your key ring on a carabiner and clip that to your belt loop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads