• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiger Woods in "Serious" Car Wreck

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just saw a news flash that said he will not be charged, and that alcohol was not involved, but he did crash into a tree and a fire hydrant past 2am last night...

tinfoil.gif

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida, authorities said Friday.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at 2:25 a.m. ET. Woods was driving a 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

The police report narrative said the "driver had just pulled out of the driveway at his residence ... as [vehicle] began to drive on Deacon Circle, [vehicle] struck a fire hydrant. The front of [vehicle] then struck a tree..."

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

The airbags in the car did not deploy, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel. The newspaper said that airbags typically do not deploy if a vehicle is traveling less than 33 miles per hour.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4693657

Hope he has a full recovery.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just saw another thread discussing this exact same topic

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it was his Excalade golf cart, which explains why his airbag didn't go off. The fire hydrant is safe, and once the surgeons fix Woods's obviously-faulty swing and putting stroke (only six wins, the man is washed up I tell you!) he'll be right as rain.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MIAMI, Nov 27 (Reuters) - The world's number one golfer, Tiger Woods, was treated in hospital and released in good condition after suffering injuries in a car accident in Florida on Friday, his office said.

In a statement read by CNN, the golfer's office said he had left hospital after being in a "minor" car crash.

"He was admitted, treated and released today in good condition," it said in a statement. (Reporting by John O'Callaghan, Editing by Frances Kerry)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
racist air bags.

Originally Posted by Thomas
it was his Excalade golf cart, which explains why his airbag didn't go off. The fire hydrant is safe, and once the surgeons fix Woods's obviously-faulty swing and putting stroke (only six wins, the man is washed up I tell you!) he'll be right as rain.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to worry. Those roids he's on will help him make a full recovery.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
Not to worry. Those roids he's on will help him make a full recovery.

You take your blasphemous mouth and get out of here
boxing[1].gif

doubleb

Reaction score
the amount of misinformation floating around when the news broke was incredible.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
the problem with news outlets wanting to be first -- it often comes at the cost of being accurate.

at least for a while, the experience of following this story at work and on the internet felt eerily similar to the reporting of michael jackson's death, sans the "jeff goldblum is dead" rumors. of course, in this case, "tiger woods is seriously injured" just turned out to mean, "tiger woods is injured ..... seriously, he is."

i'm curious to see pictures of Tiger's alleged mistress. i've got an odd feeling she's gonna give steve phillips' girl a run for her money in the ugly department.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
Tiger Woods does not drink. I think he takes his health much too seriously to be getting 3 sheets to the wind enough to crash into a fire hydrant and a tree.

Facts:
- Tigre has been talking to a New York night club chick
- Tigre told a friend that his wife confronted him about his mistress, and began to physically assault him
- Tigre's wife broke the back window of his crashed Escalade to pull him out of his car

My Private Eye assumptions and accusations:
- Tiger's wife began beating the crap out of him after talking about his mistress
- Tiger, like a real man, knew he couldn't hit a woman and figured the best way to handle the situation was to get out
- What was his wife doing with a golf club so readily on hand? She couldn't have gotten it from inside Tiger's car because that's how she smashed the window to get him out. I would bet Tiger doesn't keep his golf bag in the garage like any Joe Shmo, his hundreds of sets are probably at Nike, Lake Nona, his range in the back, etc. So I assume his wife grabbed a club from somewhere in the house and proceeded to chase him out of the house with it and he in a frantic escape smashed his car, and his wife decided to get him out -- I don't care how pissed you are at your husband, when he wrecks his car your wife is going to help you.
- Tiger has been on Rx pain pills since his knee surgery when he needs them, so I would assume he would thake them as needed on his off time, accounting for his delerious state after the wreck.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btlaxripper
Tiger Woods does not drink. I think he takes his health much too seriously to be getting 3 sheets to the wind enough to crash into a fire hydrant and a tree.

Facts:
- Tigre told a friend that his wife confronted him about his mistress, and began to physically assault him
- Tigre's wife broke the back window of his crashed Escalade to pull him out of his car

- Tiger's wife began beating the crap out of him after talking about his mistress
- Tiger, like a real man, knew he couldn't hit a woman and figured the best way to handle the situation was to get out
- What was his wife doing with a golf club so readily on hand? She couldn't have gotten it from inside Tiger's car because that's how she smashed the window to get him out. I would bet Tiger doesn't keep his golf bag in the garage like any Joe Shmo, his hundreds of sets are probably at Nike, Lake Nona, his range in the back, etc. So I assume his wife grabbed a club from somewhere in the house and proceeded to chase him out of the house with it and he in a frantic escape smashed his car, and his wife decided to get him out -- I don't care how pissed you are at your husband, when he wrecks his car your wife is going to help you.
- Tiger has been on Rx pain pills since his knee surgery when he needs them, so I would assume he would thake them as needed on his off time, accounting for his delerious state after the wreck.

Pretty much my thinking also. Except this: -
Tiger has been on Rx pain pills since his knee surgery when he needs them, so I would assume he would thake them as needed on his off time, accounting for his delerious state after the wreck.

He was probably delirious because hes Tiger ******* Woods and some crazy ass **** like this had to happen to him lol

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Facts:

You've got a pretty loose definition of "facts" with the first two there. Also, I guarantee you Tiger has golf clubs in all sorts of places in his house, and if she's running back in there to get one she's going to know where they are and doesn't necessarily have to go to the garage to get one.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
You've got a pretty loose definition of "facts" with the first two there. Also, I guarantee you Tiger has golf clubs in all sorts of places in his house, and if she's running back in there to get one she's going to know where they are and doesn't necessarily have to go to the garage to get one.

They're facts

And your second sentence is pretty much what I am saying, she obviously grabbed it midway of their verbal argument

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're facts

And your second sentence is pretty much what I am saying, she obviously grabbed it midway of their verbal argument

TMZ = facts nowadays? Didn't realize they'd reached that level of authority.

My second sentence is not at all what you're saying--your guessing that she had it in the middle of their argument and followed him out there with it, I'm saying it would've easy for her to run back in the house and grab one to break the windows if she couldn't find another way to get into the car, once she ran out and saw the state of things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads