• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiger vs Elin??

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
http://http://www.nydailynews.com/go...er_report.html

Ok...so who is the bigger idiot..Tiger or Elin?? Looks like she may take him back. Should she have just walked away with $200 mil?

Why is either one an idiot? I appreciate the fact that they are trying to save their marriage and I think it's really good for their children if Tiger and Elin can make it work.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Why is either one an idiot? I appreciate the fact that they are trying to save their marriage and I think it's really good for their children if Tiger and Elin can make it work.

Well, I feel that his concern was not on his wife or children when he was f#$king around(him an idiot) and I feel that since he had double digit women screwing him, she is stupid from taking him back(her an idiot.) I would/could NEVER love someone that much! What does that say about someone who overlooks that?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1

I actually respect her more for caring enough about their marriage to try to make it work. I think it takes a stronger person to say "OK, if he's sincerely sorry I'm willing to try to rebuild this" than "*********, I'm taking a couple hundred million dollars and his kids, and I'm going to make his life a living hell." I like to think I'm a pretty strong person, and I don't think I could accomplish the former.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I feel that his concern was not on his wife or children when he was f#$king around(him an idiot) and I feel that since he had double digit women screwing him, she is stupid from taking him back(her an idiot.) I would/could NEVER love someone that much! What does that say about someone who overlooks that?

Just out of curiosity, are you married?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

Nope..

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

If you are...and your wife banged 10+ dudes, you could overlook it if she said that she was sorry?? If you are not, and your girl did(or your dude did), you could overlook that? Just curious...

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope..

I wonder if getting married would change your opinion on this. I think, for people who haven't been married, marriage looks a lot more like a bigger version of what they've experienced in other relationships. The truth is that it's A LOT different, at least for many people. Walking away from a marriage, even a bad one, is fundamentally different from walking away from other relationships. This is multiplied when there are kids involved. If they can make it work, it sets an example for their children that marriage isn't something to be thrown away. Rather it's something that takes work.

If you are...and your wife banged 10+ dudes, you could overlook it if she said that she was sorry?? If you are not, and your girl did(or your dude did), you could overlook that? Just curious...

I don't think I could, but I don't judge her for trying. I don't know that I could forgive and try to repair my marriage if something like this happened (fortunately, I have faith it will not), but I respect someone who has the strength to give it a shot.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

I don't think I could, but I don't judge her for trying. I don't know that I could forgive and try to repair my marriage if something like this happened (fortunately, I have faith it will not), but I respect someone who has the strength to give it a shot.

I respect your post....but I don't know that I can respect someone saying "sorry" for doing that(when they didn't care in the first place) and the other person taking them back. Just my opinion...I could care less if she takes him back, but this is SF and we often just BS on some of these forums..

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Let's not forget that she's ridiculously hot and he's a cash cow. Not to mention he's got to be decent in the sack after all the practice he's had. Win win if you ask me. Oh yeah, and didn't they have a couple kids. . .

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone listen to the Tiger Woods' Mistress Beauty Pageant on Stern last week? Tiger's one kinky dude. Plus, he had unprotected sex with other women while married. Not cool (at least the unprotected sex part).

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I respect your post....but I don't know that I can respect someone saying "sorry" for doing that(when they didn't care in the first place) and the other person taking them back. Just my opinion...I could care less if she takes him back, but this is SF and we often just BS on some of these forums..

Nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree.

I should note that I also agree with you to a significant extent - I definitely don't think she should just roll over and take it. Assuming he's sincere, I respect her willingness to give it a go, but if he ever does anything like this again she should kick him to the curb with a quickness. It's the old saying: Fool me 14 or 15 times, shame on you, fool me 16 times, shame on me.
laugh.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have taken my $200 mil and bounced!

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
+1

I actually respect her more for caring enough about their marriage to try to make it work. I think it takes a stronger person to say "OK, if he's sincerely sorry I'm willing to try to rebuild this" than "*********, I'm taking a couple hundred million dollars and his kids, and I'm going to make his life a living hell." I like to think I'm a pretty strong person, and I don't think I could accomplish the former.

This is not an either or. She could walk away and still be an adult about the money, his involvement with the kids, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads