• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiger Fleece Hoodie

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tiranis
I'd put as much stock in that as into the fact that Vancouver is one of the top 5 world's cities to live in... (therefore not much)
STFU Tiranis. What flyover town are you hailing from, anyway?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Actually, the amazing thing about the cyc fleece is that it's cotton not polyester. Apparently due to some type of US regulations, all the fleece made here has to be of a polyester blend whereas in canada they have a cotton fleece. This is what I hear so...
100% cotton? I thought I had read on here that it was a blend. If not, that's very impressive.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Interesting, I guess this guy I talked to was misinformed.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tiranis
Ok, I'll shut up, but just because I have no interest in talking to a complete and utter d*ck. BTW, you need to read up more on: unemployment, unemployment surveys in North America, accuracy of surveys, and government funded surveys. Even more importantly: we've got tons of low-paying jobs in this city, any place paying more than $12/hour will be stormed with resumes.
What do sewing machine operators get paid? Sure, the unemployment statistics are not precise, but the unanimous message coming out of the government, the business community, the media, and my anecdotal experience are enough for me to speculate that labour shortages could effect CYC's production. Sorry if you took my retort personally.
confused.gif

supermang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Actually, the amazing thing about the cyc fleece is that it's cotton not polyester. Apparently due to some type of US regulations, all the fleece made here has to be of a polyester blend whereas in canada they have a cotton fleece. This is what I hear so...

poly you got pm

Wrong. Spruce tiger fleece is 70% cotton and 30% poly. Pretty sure the new stuff is a mix of cotton and poly too.

Also, W+H isn't the only uber hoodie maker out there; just browse around like rakuten or zozo and you'll find some pretty interesting stuff that can be had pretty easily.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by supermang
Also, W+H isn't the only uber hoodie maker out there; just browse around like rakuten or zozo and you'll find some pretty interesting stuff that can be had pretty easily.
Well then someone needs to develop a guide! The problem is that when newbies ask what hoodies to get, they're always directed to W+H, although many newbies do not have the resources to acquire one. This thread even tried to pass W+H off as "abundant": http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=24987
plain.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need both SF to collaborate and create a decent wiki :p

supermang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Well then someone needs to develop a guide! The problem is that when newbies ask what hoodies to get, they're always directed to W+H, although many newbies do not have the resources to acquire one. This thread even tried to pass W+H off as "abundant":
http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=24987
plain.gif

I think LA guy said they're "abundant" cuz they are (or at least "were"). I know at least 2 places in the bay that still has a bunch of W+H stuff (I know fa sure that Huf still has a lot of stuff but not so sure about American rag). Also, they were readily available on the steven alan online store like back in like march. It was mentioned on the Acronym thread on SuFu as an alternate to the super expensive SSJ2 hoodie so I took the risk to try it out back when nobody knew anything about spruce. Point is, people hardly go out and try different ****/ do their own homework; they'd rather have others prescribe the cool **** and ride the bandwagon.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by supermang
Wrong. Spruce tiger fleece is 70% cotton and 30% poly. Pretty sure the new stuff is a mix of cotton and poly too.

4 posts above yours

Originally Posted by digital_denim
Actually just looked at mine and it's 78/22 cotton poly blend.

Originally Posted by JET
Interesting, I guess this guy I talked to was misinformed.

How exactly is buying a hoodie a risk? I agree on the bandwagon comments, there are a lot of sheep on the fashion forums.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, here's my contribution:

Two of my three Spruce hoodies have 95/5 cotton/poly mix, the other has 97/3 cotton/other mix. The 97/3 hoodie is made by CYC, while the other two doesn't have a maker label. So, I suppose the difference is because of a different manufacturer.

BTW, these are not the fleece, just the regular.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Interesting. I really liked the black/grey stripe one but the fabric seemed stiff. I guess I'm just holding out for lw restock in jan.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Interesting. I really liked the black/grey stripe one but the fabric seemed stiff. I guess I'm just holding out for lw restock in jan.

I just got my red/black tiger fleece in (thanks Say) and the fabric is softer than that of my black/grey pinstripe. I think I'm done with W+H for awhile.. I want a black or white LW09 and that ends my "streetwear only" craze for a bit (.. well, that and some natty indigo Okinawas or Edos).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yep, the tiger is softer than the other. Luckily I have my favorite hoodie right now which is a clean unholy matrimony hoodie but it's almost too nice to rock that's why I want a beater.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads