• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ties sub $100: Brooks Brothers vs Ralph Lauren vs Charles Tyrwhitt

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EddieK,

I don't know about Ralph Lauren's Polo line - I just remember seeing the Purple label ties in a store and thinking they had a very nice classic construction.

We have a Benjamin Hober brand which uses the same silk and wool interlinings and has the same slow detailed construction.

The Benjamin Hober ties are not custom made but they have many options for length and width. The basic idea is to provide a tie that can be ordered and delivered quicker and a slightly lower price.

EddieK

Reaction score
EddieK,

I don't know about Ralph Lauren's Polo line - I just remember seeing the Purple label ties in a store and thinking they had a very nice classic construction.

We have a Benjamin Hober brand which uses the same silk and wool interlinings and has the same slow detailed construction.

The Benjamin Hober ties are not custom made but they have many options for length and width. The basic idea is to provide a tie that can be ordered and delivered quicker and a slightly lower price.
That's good to know. I'm planning on buying some from either your custom site or Benjamin Hober, or both. I mean hopefully I can, but not too certain with this economy

BlakeDi

Reaction score
Where can I buy a branded tie for $ 10? Do you have an online store or do I have to search for it at fairs?

EddieK

Reaction score
Where can I buy a branded tie for $ 10? Do you have an online store or do I have to search for it at fairs?
By branded do you mean brand name?A lot of brand names aren't really that great quality.
You can find good quality ties for that price at thrift stores though.

BlakeDi

Reaction score
By branded do you mean brand name?A lot of brand names aren't really that great quality.
You can find good quality ties for that price at thrift stores though.
Yeah, I always thought that the brand that means quality. But it's true that this is not always the case.
I admit that, I have very different values, even if I earn a lot of money, I will not need expensive clothes. I'm quite pleased with my purchase in mass market online stores. I also really like discounts. That's why, I shop in different simple online stores, like this one https://seven.deals/deals/apparel/mens-clothes , where I can get cheap products and discount coupons for clothing (including home goods). I'm very comfortable shopping there and it doesn't cost a lot of money. But I didn't see any ties there.
To update my post, just looked again and found a Stefano Ricci tie there, do you think it's beautiful? I would not give $ 70 for such a tie, but I can wait until they make a discount on it.

EddieK

Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought that the brand that means quality. But it's true that this is not always the case.
I admit that, I have very different values, even if I earn a lot of money, I will not need expensive clothes. I'm quite pleased with my purchase in mass market online stores. I also really like discounts. That's why, I shop in different simple online stores, like this one https://seven.deals/deals/apparel/mens-clothes , where I can get cheap products and discount coupons for clothing (including home goods). I'm very comfortable shopping there and it doesn't cost a lot of money. But I didn't see any ties there.
To update my post, just looked again and found a Stefano Ricci tie there, do you think it's beautiful? I would not give $ 70 for such a tie, but I can wait until they make a discount on it.

I personally like good value names as well, but I find almost all brand name (mall brands) stuff not great. You can always research. Like the brand noblekostas mentioned, after doing some research and talking with the owner, it's actually an amazing value. A lot of their ties can be compared to Drake's and some of them on sale right now go as low as $30 Euros.
So it's not impossible to find amazing quality for price.

As for the tie you showed, I personally wouldn't wear something like that. I find the design and texture is a bit too much and looks too trendy. And the color is bright.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.