1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ties off ebay marked nwt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SJX, Jan 6, 2004.

1. SJX

SJX Senior member

Hi,

I just bought a couple of ties off eBay, marked NWT (new with tags). One appears new but lacks tags though it came in the appropriate plastic sleeve; another, a Borrelli seven fold, has a tag or rather what's left of the price tag, but looks a little crumpled, not smooth and unwrinkled like most new ties I buy. Is this standard practice on eBay? Thanks.

Regards,

JiaXian

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

Given that many eBay sellers are idiots, yes, it's standard practice.

Don't buy from that seller again. Every tie I've received off of eBay has been genuine and shipped correctly. Give him negative feedback for treating a roll of expensive silk like that, and for falsely describing it as new with tags.

3. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Perhaps the individual is deserving of negative feedback, but I would first recommend contacting the seller to express your concerns. I don't think you should ever leave negative feedback without first seeking to resolve the issue. It's very possible the seller is acting in ignorance, not malice. He may be willing to a) let you return the merchandise b) keep the merchandise and refund a portion of the sales price. Give the seller a chance, but if you received items not as described you have a gripe.