1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ties: looking for the diamond in the rough.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Joel_Cairo, May 16, 2007.

1. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

J, your ties are great, so if you want to sell me some more at, oh, $15 each, then I'm in [​IMG]

While I cant go to 15, with Andrew's Ties going for between 40 and 50 and my new pricing at 45 for the regular and short and 49.90 for the X-Long, i do believe that the Value is certainly there.

2. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

While I cant go to 15, with Andrew's Ties going for between 40 and 50 and my new pricing at 45 for the regular and short and 49.90 for the X-Long, i do believe that the Value is certainly there.

Thanks for the plug.

But I don't see anything on your site except patterns produced by the Chinese mills. Do you have other selections?

3. FIHTies

Thanks for the plug.

But I don't see anything on your site except patterns produced by the Chinese mills. Do you have other selections?

Oooops! Mine Zecret is out!

Can we expect to hear more quality posts from you or will you stop at 1?

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I have many of your ties as well as Andrews Ties. They are both great and at the same price. Quality wise, how does your tie differ from Andrews Ties.

5. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Oh wow, I didn't realize that Andrew's cost so much in the US. Yeah, in that price range, your ties blow Andrew's out of the water. Everyone: if you're looking to spend $50 on a tie, FIH can't be beat. At the upper end, his 7 folds are pure luxury, better than just about anything I've felt out there. With very competitive pricing. Actually Jonathon, have you mostly dropped 7/4 folds? They aren't as prominent as I remember on the site. Tom

6. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

I have many of your ties as well as Andrews Ties. They are both great and at the same price. Quality wise, how does your tie differ from Andrews Ties.
    For me it's all about the lining. FIH ties hold a beautiful knot and dimple; Andrew's have nice silk but there's something missing in the overall presentation.

7. FIHTies

Its a hard question for me to answer as i dont carry Andrews Ties [​IMG]

I dont know which ties you have of mine but anything in at least the last 5 seasons has all wool linings, self tipping, bar tack closures, and tie keepers that are sewn into the tie and not simply attached to the back of the tie.

Oh...dont forget that Chinese silk [​IMG]

8. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

Oooops! Mine Zecret is out!

Can we expect to hear more quality posts from you or will you stop at 1?

I had no intent on offending you.

But if you have the right to shamelessly promote your 'ties' at an inappropriate time - calling them a "good value" - then I have the right to challenge you.

If all you're doing is buying and reselling designs at $45, which are created and manufactured by China mills, how is that a good value?

9. FIHTies

I had no intent on offending you.

But if you have the right to shamelessly promote your 'ties' at an inappropriate time - calling them a "good value" - then I have the right to challenge you.

If all you're doing is buying and reselling designs at $45, which are created and manufactured by China mills, how is that a good value?

By mistake I sent this response to mike's PM. Very much unintended as i wanted to air this in the open. Thats what happens when you do this via blackberry on the road [​IMG]

You certainly didnt offend. Its hard to get offended from a faceless individual who's initial and subsequent post seems only to challenge my admittedly biased opinion on the value of a product i am selling.

I do question your ability to make a statement that i am selling a product that is designed and manufactured in China when you know nothing about what i do and where i produce. I also question who you are and what your goal is in making these factually incorrect accusations when the ONLY time we hear from you is to throw this unsubstantiated statement into the ring.

Lets get some facts straight:

Fact 1). My private label ties (not the Marinella and not those labeled as having English twill silks) are all hand made in Italy from silks from Como
    Anyone who doubts that please contact me via email or PM and i will produce customs invoices and any other documentation that can prove that.

Fact 2). I dont design my ties. I select the color combinations from swatches presented to me by my tie makers.sometimes i suggest a color combo. Design is any interesting word, I never claimed to design my stripes and paisleys. If you have ever seen a color swatch from a silk producer you would know the color possibilities available. Thats all i do. And other than the few combinations that i have mysteriously seen appear only after i sold them to members of this forum i have never seen them anywhere else but by me.

Fact 3) my customers from both SF and AAAC are a very discrmininating bunch and have all been very pleased with the value of my product. Just see the replies above which even if i had to remind them the context of their replies was unprovoked.

Fact 4) i dont do nearly enough plugging for my product. If i did i wouldnt have to "remind" my happy customers about me as i did in this post.

Challenge away, thats what these fora are all about, but do so based on facts that you have uncovered, not by making accusations and putting the onus of disproving your speculation whether you believe it or not on me.

I also think it would be fair if you revealed who you were and didnt hide behind a new screen name.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

11. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

I have not purchased anything from FIH, but prior posts here and on AAAC are clear that j at FIH is top notch in customer service and or exchange and returns.

I took a quick look at his site, seems he has slim fit shirts as well. Always good to see a source.

I think my next tie purchase will be from fih..

12. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

13. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

^seriously Mike, who opens a new screenname to start shit with someone and then calls them an amateur after not even being able to quote a post correctly? I really don't see how you think you have any credibility on this one. You lost. I'm buying my next ties from FIH.

14. thinman

thinman Senior member

As a customer of FIH, I would like to respond to the unsubstantiated statement regarding the use of Chinese silk. I am not an expert on silk by any means, however, I will state that I have a tie from FIH in brown silk with blue stripes and a herringbone weave and a nearly identical tie from Carlo Franco in blue/pink. Since I first received the ties, I have been virtually certain that the silks come from the same mill. Long-time forum members will recall that CF promotes his ties as being woven from Como silk. So I am convinced that FIH's ties are, as Jonathan writes, made of Como silk.

If anything, Jonathan promotes his products in a very low-key way and his sales suffer because of it. In addition, I once ordered a Marinella tie from FIH and Jonathan emailed me a picture along with a warning that the tie really is darker than the picture on the web. As a consequence, he lost a sale, but gained my support. I'm truly embarassed that I forgot to mention his products earlier in this thread, since his ties are great and his service is unmatched.

15. j

j Senior member Admin

You sound like such an amateur. I'm bored.

Bye.

Bye.

16. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

I dont know which ties you have of mine but anything in at least the last 5 seasons has all wool linings, self tipping, bar tack closures, and tie keepers that are sewn into the tie and not simply attached to the back of the tie.
    I cannot find the 7-folds (and similar) on your site. Do you still carry some?

17. FIHTies

I cannot find the 7-folds (and similar) on your site. Do you still carry some?

Yes, in the luxury tie section on the menu to the right sub menu of men-ties-luxury ties .

I would link it however i am again on the road.

Have a good weekend. Some of the luxury ties while not being seven folds are quite thick if you prefer that kind of knot.

PS: 10 percent and free shipping goes till tonight on orders more than $100.

18. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Yes, in the luxury tie section on the menu to the right sub menu of men-ties-luxury ties .

I would link it however i am again on the road.

I can't really see where there is a mention of a tie's construction. Apparently you are back, care to link?

19. FIHTies

I can't really see where there is a mention of a tie's construction. Apparently you are back, care to link?

My apologies for not linking before, I was under the impression that you found what you were looking for.

The ties in the Luxury Tie Link are either seven fold, four fold or what I call asymetrically folded which is a more unique folding of a tie where the folded underside of the tie goes up further. I will picture that later today. If you click on a tie from that group it shows if its available in the seven fold/four fold etc.

20. Etienne

Etienne Senior member