Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tiecrafters or just give up and sell?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by paradoxical3, Dec 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. paradoxical3

paradoxical3 Well-Known Member

A while back I picked up this beautiful Tom Ford 7-fold tie. It would be one of my favorite ties except for one problem - it's way too long for me. The tie is 60 inches long; my best fitting ties are about 57 to 57.5 inches (I'm 5'7). I searched and came across Tiecrafters as an option, but haven't seen a lot of people report back with their experiences on 7 fold ties.

I'm torn because this is one of the most exquisite ties I've ever seen, but I don't know if 3 inches is too much to shorten. And even if it's not, if Tiecrafters was a significant drop in quality from the factory finishing, I think that would bother me. How obvious would it be that they shortened the tie?

Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

Tie Crafters fix all the ties for Hermes in NYC. I doubt Hermes would use them if their quality wasn't good.

I took one tie there to be made narrower and they did a great job.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Andy

Thank for your interest in Tiecrafters services. We will be pleased to shorten this tie for you. Please call me at 212-629-5800 so we can go over your specific concerns.
    Sincerely,
    Andy.