• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Your Tie

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Tie Your Tie is never mentioned here, I got a tie from them today and I think it would make a lot of guys on the forum *** several times a row.
I have been to one of the most wonderful stores that I know and among other, actually really tasteful ties, at least to forum routine, like Marinella (hah for less than 2 years, that store's the only place where they are availabe in Germany), Attolinis, Finamores and Barba and Sozzi knits, they carry Tie Your Tie ties.
This is of course most stupid name for brand I can think of...and they are actually the opposite of many of the ties I own (some comparably obscene ones like my beloved Talbotts), but even at the retail price (130€) the TYT somehow felt underpriced to me.
I say underpriced*, because with the right sort of marketing they could easily be pulled up to 180€ or even more IMHO (and probably 15000000000$ in the US if they changed the name into something italianate).
They are sevel folds, unlined, and have handfinished ends.
The stabilization seam that holds together the two folds on the top is set extremely high, what "swings open" the lower part of the tie a little.
The edges of the tie look absolutely round, it almost seems to "live".
Even the loup looks ridiciously nicely made, it's a absolutely round and screams "I'm here to look good, don't use me for some Sprezzatura's sake".
I was told by the manager of the store that TYT is quite popular in Japan btw., they have only thress stores, one in Firenze and two in Japan.

Concerning the overall appeal of the tie the unlined Attolinis were the closest to compare with, they were 135€ (for a 80silk/20cotton mix) and four folds, also had hand finished ends.
I can think of quite a few brand that charge the same retail (or even more...we know who is meant) for ties that are simple four folds without the beautifully handfinished ends or anything esle that would make them somehow special.
However, the manager of the store, differetiated that the multi fold construction of an unlined tie tie and the making of a lesser fold, but lined and tipped tie may need the same working time.

Captain.Kia

Reaction score
If you didn't have 846 posts, I would have thought that this post was spam.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's because I'm building those teutonic sentences when writing in English.

kcc

Reaction score
I like the store's decor and Gianni Seminara suit offerings. TYT's owner is outfitted by Mr Seminara.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
I was told by the manager of the store that TYT is quite popular in Japan btw., they have only thress stores, one in Firenze and two in Japan ...

I think there's a member here who lives in Japan and wears quite a few TYT ties. They always looked nice. It is a pity there aren't more shops.

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
That's because I'm building those teutonic sentences when writing in English.

I believe you mean, I am those teutonic sentences when writing in English building.

heard546

Reaction score
I read about the Tie Your Tie in last month Detai or GQ. Unfortunately, I am in the US. I would love to visit the store.

-tony

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They aren't talked about much because they're hard to get. As you point out, you can only buy them in Italy and Japan.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I wonder why Tie Your Tie is never mentioned here
they have only thress stores, one in Firenze and two in Japan.
uhoh.gif

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do love their unlined ties very much. Your post is making me regret not picking up a couple on my last trip to Tokyo. Having said, I must say the Aoyama store is quite possibly the most obxious store I have been to, anywhere in the world. I was completely ignored while the two staff chatted away, one even sat right infront of the racks blocking customers from seeing or touching the merchandise.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
They aren't talked about much because they're hard to get. As you point out, you can only buy them in Italy and Japan.

Quote:
I wonder why Tie Your Tie is never mentioned here
Quote:
they have only thress stores, one in Firenze and two in Japan.

I bought mine at a local store...

Pictures would be appreciated.
I'll take some when I'm back home and have access to a good camera.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by P-K-L
Talking about Jondral?
smile.gif

Yes...a relatively small store but absolutely fantastic.
And the owner is more knowledgeable (or honest...) than the salespersons or managers of any other sotre I've been to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads