• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Travel Case

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Just for fun I thought I would post pics of this tie case circa late 80's. It was purchased at MOMA NYC and given to me as a Christmas gift. It was designed by Giorgio Pizzitutti.

That's great!

attachmentd761bhc3.jpg

I have something similar, also cylindrical but only holds one tie. It's made from clear acrylic and I bought it at a 100-yen shop (dollar store) in Osaka. The neat thing about it is that it has a mechanism for winding your tie up inside the cylinder from the outside - you just fasten the blade and start turning and soon your whole tie is neatly encased in the protective acrylic. The only problem is that I brought a thick woven tie with me on my last trip and it wouldn't all fit into the cylinder...
confused.gif
I think it would suffice to roll up your tie and put it inside one of your shoes in your luggage.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
.. Anyway, I traveled a LOT but only used it once. Probably because it took up so much room.

So, next time you are at a flea market and see a leather tube.....

It is gorgeous, but as you say, it takes up room....

I'm kind of a minimalist packer so I avoid putting cases w/in my cases. Have never been able to put ties in my shoes--socks, underwear, and powercords--but no ties.

Normally I roll ties and put them in hollow of the jacket collar and/or the shoulders.
They stay in good shape that way.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pejsek
What the heck is Colonel Littleton? I'm a bit surprised the new Ghurka behemoth hasn't rolled over on them (him?) for trademark infringement.

Which Ghurka trademark is Colonel Littleton infringing on?

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pocketsquare guy.... that is an awesome piece. But i can see why it is a pain to lug around.

I am torn between the Col. Littleton above and the Costa Leather Acorn Leather. I tend to over pack, so the Col. Littleton is a bit bigger.... hmmm.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Costa one looks pretty cheap imo and I don't like zippers due to the risk of snagging a tie and the more constricting space. The straps on the Littleton are great because there is more give and no risk of zipping a tie. I think it's worth the extra $50 (and get your intials engraved too) considering you can store $1,500 worth of silk in there. Remember to post pics once you get it...
devil.gif

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
That Costa one looks pretty cheap imo and I don't like zippers due to the risk of snagging a tie and the more constricting space. The straps on the Littleton are great because there is more give and no risk of zipping a tie. I think it's worth the extra $50 (and get your intials engraved too) considering you can store $1,500 worth of silk in there. Remember to post pics once you get it...
devil.gif

Yeah good point. I can see myself snagging a tie on the teeth of the zipper in a rush.

Will make the decision tonight while enjoying an adult beverage... ha. Thanks for the help.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would get have another glass or two as i pondered a choice of initials.

LOL or GTH or TYZ ...

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
What I want is a shirt case.

Battistoni has some beautiful shirt cases on their website. You can find them under men/leather/accessories. I would post a pic, but it's a Flash animation. I enquired a while ago as to the cost, and it was way too rich for my blood -- $400 or so for the smaller case, and that was before the dollar took a complete nosedive.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Battistoni has some beautiful shirt cases on their website. You can find them under men/leather/accessories. I would post a pic, but it's a Flash animation. I enquired a while ago as to the cost, and it was way too rich for my blood -- $400 or so for the smaller case, and that was before the dollar took a complete nosedive.

That's exactly what got me wanting one. I didn't know the cost. Oh well.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Battistoni has some beautiful shirt cases on their website. You can find them under men/leather/accessories.

Ah, this is what you're talking about:

batshirtcasejm3.jpg

Snazzy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads