• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Swap-Box Idea

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Track History
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2011/10/12 23:54 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at local delivery facility
23:40 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
03:57 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

2011/10/09 17:26 MONTREAL Item processed at postal facility
12:42 VILLE ST-LAURENT International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2011/10/06 04:46 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
04:10 International item processed in origin country
2011/10/03 10:52 International item mailed in origin country

Thank God! Now contactme can sleep at night!

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I'm not going to lie, I would LMAO if Levoosh just takes the ties and disappears :devil:

yeah, that would be pretty ******* hilarious. both of the pantas will be gone before they get to me so id find it VUUURRRYY funny.. :lol::lol:

****, levoosh better get that **** sent off. tin-r-see is mighty far from NY. Im getting impatient.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not going to lie, I would LMAO if Levoosh just takes the ties and disappears :devil:

Now I want to dissect the game theoretical perspectives of this exchange. He most certainly could, which would cost him nothing and be a net benefit. However, were he to participate this first round and wait until the next to take everything, the total benefit would be increased. The same goes for everyone else in the swap, except that as it continues around the first time, the total value of the box increases, which lessens the added benefit of waiting until it comes back around. After a while, it is conceivable that the benefit of continuing to go around will be minimized since your cost will be almost or equal to your gain, setting an upper bound on what can be gained, personally, from the swap at which point, if one's goal in the game is to maximize their total benefit, the viable strategy does become to make the dick move.

I'm going to go back to Hopf algebras now...

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lack of a poast is sign enough for what he is doing. :censored:

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He probably hasn't posted because of some Canadian Holiday in which they turn the internets off up there or something. :puzzled:

Hockey season has started. Give him a break. Wait is it Pierre Trudeau's birthday? Mike Meyers Appreciation Day? Seriously though it must be Don Cherry Day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads