• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie suggestions for this suit please

HatMagnet

Reaction score
I admit to being style- challenged (Thats why I read this forum)
blush.gif
So I'd like to request some help from the more astute members here. Any suggestions for tie colors for this would be greatly appreciated.
PZclose.jpg
PZsuit.jpg

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It completely depends on your shirt color. That color suit (charcoal) is very easy to match with, luckily.

A sample combination would be light blue shirt, maroon tie.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's neutral, so depending on which shirt you wear it with you can choose practically any tie.

beau nash

Reaction score
You can wear anything with that suit, so long as you avoid having patterns that fight against each other. Just avoid shirts and ties with stripes that are about as far apart as the stripes on the suit. I would prefer either a light blue shirt with a burgundy or blue patterned tie or a pink check or bold stripe with a solid tie. Just my prefs for my own SB suit with a similar stripe.

element02

Reaction score
I agree with Charles and beau.

I have some very nice ties for sale here that would go nicely with that suit.

JordanH.

Reaction score
pink shirt and maroon tie. light blue shirt and navy tie. or pink shirt with navy tie. i dont think maroon would look good with a light blue shirt.

actually, i think dark green would look very nice with charcoal. i have a dark green tie with polka dots and i'm looking forward to wearing it with my grey suit.

don't be afraid of patterns on the ties. my favorite pattern for ties is probably polka dots and paisley.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads