• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie storage solved?

foto010101

Reaction score
Hi, Are there any people who have experience with the Tie Caddy? Does it work? It looks like a proper way of storing one's ties. By the way, it seems that a guy on AAAC does not like the system. I wonder though why he was banned from the forum. http://www.tiecaddy.com/index.html Please let me know, Mike
tiecaddy_1932_657365

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those clear plastic cylinders might be very good for travelling.

At home, I just keep my ties over a bit of exposed roof beam in my bedroom.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike

Ya know, I 'm just not getting a mental image of this one.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Those clear plastic cylinders might be very good for travelling.

I believe the technical term for what you're throwing your ties over is a collar tie.

I have miniature hangers with little plastic doo-hickies that hold ties, 20 ties per hanger.

The tie caddy does look like a good solution for travelling.

foto010101

Reaction score
They are quite handy when travelling (abroad). I wonder though whether these things will be intercepted by customs or not: they look like small bombs... haha

Nashville

Reaction score
This is how I store my ties, I got the idea from a consignment store I shop at in Nashville called www.hip2flip.com they had a larger version that was made by one of the owners mother, I made this one and added a light at the top.

MVC-005F.jpg

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
Hi,

Are there any people who have experience with the Tie Caddy? Does it work? It looks like a proper way of storing one's ties.

I bought half a dozen that I don't use. Ties with a thick lining or wider than 3 1/2" don't fit. And while the construction is not terrible I've broken a third of them with very light use.

If this doesn't dissuade you, I'll make you a great deal on four of them. :)

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang mine off the extended beam my Ikea cupboard has on the side

Styk33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nashville
This is how I store my ties, I got the idea from a consignment store I shop at in Nashville called www.hip2flip.com they had a larger version that was made by one of the owners mother, I made this one and added a light at the top.

MVC-005F.jpg

I like this, and it could be done on the back of a closet door in a walkin closet (not that I have one).

I might have to add this to the "to do list."

Nashville

Reaction score
I am in the process of making another one this week as you can see I am already full, They are easy to make just time consuming. (Real consuming)They display your ties beautifully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads