• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie/Silk questions from Sartorial Excellence

stripes22

Reaction score
I'm one of the colour blind gents who attended the 'Sartorial Excellence'.  My issue isn't so much with not being able to see the colours, I just can't name them, and have no clue what matches.  Thus, I end up with beautiful ties, the colours of which I love (but cannot name), and have no idea what to wear with them.

But CF has some beautiful ties.  Just don't order them all up before my next paycheque arrives.

stripes22

Reaction score
Also Carlo, where is the black and grey paisley you hinted would appear on the website? It must be one of the 10 patterns 5 weeks overdue... Can't wait to see it.

HitMan009

Reaction score

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stripes: Â CFT39 (red Paisley) is coming in 3 shades soon. Â A gold/gold/gold/taupe and a gray/gray/silver/charcoal/black. Â It's due in February 1... which means it should only be a few more weeks. Rumor has it that we'll have another 5-6 patterns on Monday. I'm working on the "My monitor don't look like your monitor problem". Â We're doing a couple things there: 1. Â I'm toying with a gizmo that I had folks toy with last night Here that lets you really blow up the tie image. 2. Â I'm also planning to figure out a way to link in some sort of Pantone test and brightness/contrast 'fix' page that will make them look as close to real life as possible. 3. Â We're very slowly going to work on moving the ties into selected retailers soon. Â Not many because frankly there is a limit to how many ties we can get made in a given period of time... We're working to increase production but that takes time or you have a major dip in quality. Thanks for your patience, we about gave the Fedex guy a heart attack yesterday and he went back for another truck, shipments from the past two weeks are just about caught up now.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Carlo,

That blowing up of the tie image is fantastic....

John

stripes22

Reaction score
I concur with JohnMS, the blowing up of tie images gives great detail. I looked at the red stripe / paisley tie, and it looks (colour wise and detail wise) very much as I saw at the Regency.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics