• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip not staying in place

rollerkilt

Reaction score
The tie bar should probably touch closed to be tight enough. If it doesn't, you might have to find a jeweler to bend it down tighter. Short of that you could probably try wrapping the back piece in embroidery floss or fine yarn.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't joking. Tie clips serve no purpose. I wouldn't take the chance of damaging a tie with one, either.

the tie clip has a purpose : it improves the necktie , which is truly purposeless .

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A tie clip improves nothing.

as a type the 6-fold is almost irretrievable it's true .

but look at AAS ^ and notice how the tie bar extends the depth of the knot through the break line of the lapel .

a tie bar injects ease , dimension , and depth to what would otherwise be flat and senseless

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as a type the 6-fold is almost irretrievable it's true .

but look at AAS ^ and notice how the tie bar extends the depth of the knot through the break line of the lapel .

a tie bar injects ease , dimension , and depth to what would otherwise be flat and senseless
You wanna wear a tie clip, knock yourself out. Seems pointless to me.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wanna wear a tie clip, knock yourself out. Seems pointless to me.

imma give you ( of all people ) the benefit of the doubt on pointless :

think of a tie bar as a modernist , minimalist version of a waistcoat : something that holds the necktie close to the chest , under a jacket or without , and allows a bit of play with ease .

i should think you'd get this

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imma give you ( of all people ) the benefit of the doubt on pointless :

think of a tie bar as a modernist , minimalist version of a waistcoat : something that holds the necktie close to the chest , under a jacket or without , and allows a bit of play with ease .

i should think you'd get this
I don't.

I think if you you like tie clips and want to wear them, go right ahead. I don't own one and I don't intend to acquire one. You do you. I'll do me.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't.

I think if you you like tie clips and want to wear them, go right ahead. I don't own one and I don't intend to acquire one. You do you. I'll do me.

great but try to realize you are in a tie clip threak

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads