• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tie Choice

Intelligence3

Reaction score
I am getting a dark brown moleskin sport coat for Christmas, I am told. I was thinking of wearing this with dark gray pants or jeans and a white shirt. I would like to also wear a tie with it occasionally. In my current wardrobe, I have a couple ties I thought might be appropriate:

Else, what sort of tie color scheme might you recommend?

Intelligence3

Reaction score
Thanks, wasn't sure which side to go to, it's kind of a casual look overall.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Subdued colors are the way to go imo (grays, dark colors) with minimalistic designs

Intelligence3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Subdued colors are the way to go imo (grays, dark colors) with minimalistic designs

Thanks, my tie skills are poor.

hi-val

Reaction score
If you're going for casual, you can play with it a little. The outfit you described sounds very subdued; when I put together outfits, I try to include one item with bright colors in it or something else to make it pop. The tie on the left has a nice amount of color to it and it doesn't look as busy as the one on the right; I'd opt for that one. Try playing with colors like light blue or navy. As for color coordinating in general, a good guide to follow is two neutral pieces and one accent piece.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40