• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Cases?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one for my travels as ties won't fit into shoes with shoe trees.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is an awesome one, and ranchsooner I think had some great ones in the buying and selling forum from RLPL from England

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look at the RL store in BH and they had none. I wanted something in leather and remember those RLPL ones. Anyone else?

jbryanb

Reaction score
Ghurka makes a nice one that is canvas with leather trim.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of those hard plastic cases that you "wind" your ties up in? I have always found that wound or rolled up ties come out of a suitcase looking a lot better than folded ones (and it takes up less room).

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I no longer use a tie case. They take up extra room and my ties arrive in no better shape than if I simply pack them in with my shirts.

Now that I try and carry on everything, I use that space for other things.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Col. Littleton tie case. Works great for me. I also like that it doesn't have a zipper to snag on.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the sturdy faux wood grain box from David Hober.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgment, I bought another long leather envelope type of case from polo.com, on sale for $100. Looks cool, but small.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I've wanted one of those Col. Littleton cases for a couple of years. It looks great.

I like it as I always tend ot over pack on ties. I can fit 8- 10 plus a few bows with no wrinkling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads