Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tie, braces, square and shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Newby, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Newby

Newby Member

I have a black suit 2 button, with shadowed charcoal stripes, very blended. I need help with proper wearing and color of the tie, square and shoes.
    I have black 1" braces and I am undecided on the rest. I favor the double Windsor for the tie knot. I am of light complexion and was thinking of a red, blue or silver grey patterned tie.

Help appreciated,

Clueless.

2. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Men with light complexions tend to look ghoulish in black suits. You should probably ebay the suit and replace it with blue or gray.

3. Champagnelifestylenomoney

Champagnelifestylenomoney Senior member

Depending on what the occassion is, have a look at 1) various shades of grey shirts with various darker grey ties, 2) white shirt & silver, solid coloured ( even red) tie, 3) white shirt & striped/polka dot tie (eg silver dots on charcoal or grey/silver stripes), 4) pale blue shirt with blue/dk grey patterened tie.

Can't advise on pocket squares since they are generally not the norm for the UK (even for quite formal occassions).

Black suit & very white skin can look good imo (Reservoir Dogs movie).