• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Tie and Belt Rack

BBdude

Reaction score
Is this something anyone here uses? I'd assume so.

Do you look for anything in particular or just buy a simple rack from any store?

Dashing1

Reaction score
I like to separate my ties and belts. I use towel rods attached to the closet wall to hang my ties side-by-side, so that the fabrics can best be seen at a quick glance. The look is nice, and the decorative finials at the end of the rods elevates the presentation. It is a more elegant way to display ties IMO.

I also don't like standard belt racks (whether stationary or rotating), as they force you to place belts on top on one another. Invariably, the one you want is toward the back of the stack and requires you to take off the other belts to get to it. The buckles become entangled, and the process is less than efficient and dignified.

I put my belts on hanging circles (like a woman's accessory hanger) that allows me to spin until I get my belt of choice. I just like it better than standard men's belt racks; I think the designers of men's items somehow assume that men only have a couple of belts to store.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I have a tie/belt hanger that came from Brookstone (I think) some years ago. It has staggered pegs on each side, and a loops on the front and back for belts. It's not a perfect solution, but it gets the job done well enough.

3orangewhips

Reaction score
"the process is less than efficient and dignified"

Right on, but COME ON. Dignity? In the closet?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 245 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40