• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ticket pocket question... i need your help!

RLPL Junkie

Reaction score
I am about to go on several i-banking internship interviews at some of the more traditional/conservative investment banks (Goldman, JP Morgan, etc)... is a ticket pocket ok??
I love them, but I have a few days to return them and go hunting for others.
Please help!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares? If they reject you because of a ticket pocket, then you really must have no qualifications at all.

RLPL Junkie

Reaction score
lol! true... but i'd rather not give them an excuse. what do you think?

rs232

Reaction score
In current conditions, I am surprised that they're interviewing.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ticket pockets are very common in the UK, and no one bats an eyelid here. I don't think it matters either way.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
finance people wear double breasted suits, pinstripes, contrast collars, collar pins, tie clips, poofed pocket squares, french cuffs, purple shirts and ties, yellow gold presidential rolexes.....but not ticket pockets....never ticket pockets!
tongue.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Might be good to look farther down the road. If this is going to be your first and only suit for the foreseeable future, I'd get one without a ticket pocket. I doubt it will make or break you on your internship interview, but a ticket pocket isn't something I'd wear to a funeral, say, or to an interview for a conservative job I really wanted.

I doubt most people would even notice, but there's a possibility that a stodgy interviewer would think a young guy sporting a well-fitting suit with a ticket pocket is a dandy or full of himself or somesuch.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
full of himself or somesuch.

isnt this a given, considering he is applying to be an I-banker?

I think its quite acceptable to be full of yourself if you are in this feild.

RLPL Junkie

Reaction score
lol! hilarious and informative. thank you all. any one else?

rsgould

Reaction score
Congrats for actually landing an interview in finance these days.

Ticket pocket is probably fine, but if you've got hacking pockets too, that can get noticed. Overall, however, just make sure you pick a plain white shirt and a conservative tie.

You could always put your metro ticket in the ticket pocket--show how pragmatic AND fiscally conservative you are.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Probably true, but the pups don't get the same perks as the big dogs.

Doc, even the big IB dogs are happy they have a job.....at base pay with no raise and no bonus!
devil.gif

Regards.

RLPL Junkie

Reaction score
then its a good thing I got my MD before the career change

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads