• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ticket Pocket, Outdated ?

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I own a dozen or so suits, some are Saville Row pre-owned bespokes and a few MTM's. I always looked/asked for this feature, but as time goes on, I find them vestigial and serves little to no function. Why do I still see this feature on many custom suits posted here and elsewhere? Do people actually use it?

If anything, I'd love to see more clever tailoring to acommodate to something like an iphone, just small enough for the dimensions, and if possible a compact Glock for those with the appropriate license.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
as time goes on, I find them vestigial and serves little to no function. Why do I still see this feature on many custom suits posted here and elsewhere? Do people actually use it? If anything, I'd love to see more clever tailoring to acommodate to something like an iphone, just small enough for the dimensions, and if possible a compact Glock for those with the appropriate license.
A suit's purpose is barely functional, it's not intended to be. If you need to carry a stun gun, a marital aid and a glock at all times, wear some cargo pants from Old Navy. I'm rating this thread a zero

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
A suit's purpose is barely functional, it's not intended to be. If you need to carry a stun gun, a marital aid and a glock at all times, wear some cargo pants from Old Navy. I'm rating this thread a zero

Ditto. well said.

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
I own a dozen or so suits, some are Saville Row pre-owned bespokes and a few MTM's. I always looked/asked for this feature, but as time goes on, I find them vestigial and serves little to no function. Why do I still see this feature on many custom suits posted here and elsewhere? Do people actually use it?

If anything, I'd love to see more clever tailoring to acommodate to something like an iphone, just small enough for the dimensions, and if possible a compact Glock for those with the appropriate license.

If you think a suit's purpose is to be functional rather than elegant then you're in trouble.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use my ticket pockets all the time, for tickets, usually.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a 3 roll 2 thread over at AAAC you may be interested in.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drive very fast....its functional.

Regards.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
You wear Savile Row bespoke and made to measure suits, but you carry a gun that is half plastic?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"No gentleman carries a Glock," as a staffer at Guns & Ammo once remarked to me.

I'll have to confess to feeling ambivalence about ticket pockets: On the one hand, I find them of scant utility and something of an affectation. On the other hand, they do serve to further set your jacket apart from the profanum vulgus of RTW suits and jackets that seldom display this feature. I have them on my tweed jackets, but don't think I would specify one on a worsted business suit--just my visceral feeling.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
No.

My ticket pocket is my cell phone pocket, and it works beautifully for that. It is a very stable location for an item of that bulk and weight since it lies closer to the plane of a jacket's buttoning point.

That being said, it is an Anglophile detail. When Italians execute it, it came come off a bit odd...e.g., on this Solito suit:

284435781_6WTbt-L.jpg

It's nice, I use it, and I like having it on this jacket, but it is slightly off.

- B

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was that article in GQ or Esquire about the bespoke yakuza suits with all the extra pockets for cigarettes, lighters, money, etc..

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No - maybe somewhat less fashionable currently but not out dated.

One of the virtues of bespoke tailoring is that the pockets can be to your exact requirements in size and posiiton.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usmy ticket pocket for my building security key card. I have an interior pocket lower left that fits the dimensions of my phone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads