1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ticket pocket ok for interview?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rioni, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Balfour

Balfour Senior member

^ I don't follow your comment, but I'm sensing debating the point with you will be unproductive. My advice to other readers of the thread stands (in the limited context it was given).

2. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I believe the point your try to proclaim, not merely unproductive, but rather deceptive to many young generation who are just learning the rules.
    I have yet to meet an employer that will reject a candidate because s/he wears ticket pocket suit or brown shoes. It sounds wholly unreasonable for any career interview.

I give you credit if you are at retired age. Such strict unspoken ceased to exist maybe a very long time ago, maybe it is time for you to sync with the real world.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  3. Balfour

Balfour Senior member

Yawn. You're an odd cove, aren't you?

4. wardlem

wardlem Member

Balfour provides wise words - I may well be slightly more "forward thinking" if that is the right expression than some other interviewers, although having met a resonable cross-section of our interviewers I would be surprised if shoe colour enters the equation. We have to justify any rejection we make (as we like to give candidates feedback) and an interviewer would get crucified by us all if he mentioned shoe colour as a reason !

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I have sat on the hiring panel at my office probably a dozen times over the last 20 years. Candidates always wear suits. The most qualified candidate got the job on each and every occasion.

I can't think of a single occasion where a detail so small as the presence of a ticket pocket or the shade of shoes worn was remotely decisive - or even the subject of commentary, much less consideration. I strongly suspect that any panelist who proceeded to dissect the wardrobe of a candidate would not be invited to return.

Now, dressing like a complete slob and / or displaying poor personal hygene is another matter entirely. But candidates who can't be bothered to at least present as neat and clean generally don't perform well in the interview in any event.

If I were aware that a potential candidate was seriously sweating the ticket pocket dilemma on the night before the interview, I might well conclude that his priorities were rather jumbled.