• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thursday Boot Company

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

paxonus

Reaction score
I don't know about the shoes specifically, but I just bought the President in brown and am very pleased. Solid workmanship and appears to be very good quality leather.

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know about the shoes specifically, but I just bought the President boots and am very pleased in brown and am very pleased. Solid workmanship and appears to be very good quality leather.

Thanks. I've been eyeing some of the Chelsea and other boots. May I ask your size? I normally wear a 12B so I'm a bit concerned about fit since they only offer a "standard" width roughly equivalent to a D

paxonus

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been eyeing some of the Chelsea and other boots. May I ask your size? I normally wear a 12B so I'm a bit concerned about fit since they only offer a "standard" width roughly equivalent to a D
I am a 9E in Allen Edmonds. I went with an 8.5 on the Thursday. It was little tight at first around my little toe. But after walking around for a couple hours, it became very comfortable.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these guys?

https://thursdayboots.com/

I just ordered a pair of the Statesman in natural CXL and have no idea what to expect

https://thursdayboots.com/products/mens-shoe-statesman-natural?collection=mens-shoes-blucher

This is buyer's remorse for not buying the AE Academy when I had the chance so may not end well

Still at $180 for goodyear welted shoes is pretty good and I'd buy several pair of their boots at these prices if the quality is good
They cut some corners in materials, and occasionally have derp QC, but aren't bad for sub-$200.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They cut some corners in materials, and occasionally have derp QC, but aren't bad for sub-$200.

was happy with my first pair so pulled the trigger on shell for $360/pair . . . . fingers crossed but with free returns don't really care t5hat much

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was happy with my first pair so pulled the trigger on shell for $360/pair . . . . fingers crossed but with free returns don't really care t5hat much

Curious about this Thursday shell. Not so much interested but. Curious.

CRP

Reaction score
I wear a 12 in Nike and 11.5 in dress shoes. Ordered a pair of Vanguard in 11.0 per recommendation. I wore them a half dozen times and loved the quality, but the boot is just too small for my toes. Should have gone with an 11.5, but that might have resulted in heal being too lose. I have wide forefoot, high instep, and narrow heals. I just don't think their last fits me. Picked up a pair of oxfords from Beckett Somonon which seem to fit my feet much better. Good luck.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 12 in Nike and 11.5 in dress shoes. Ordered a pair of Vanguard in 11.0 per recommendation. I wore them a half dozen times and loved the quality, but the boot is just too small for my toes. Should have gone with an 11.5, but that might have resulted in heal being too lose. I have wide forefoot, high instep, and narrow heals. I just don't think their last fits me. Picked up a pair of oxfords from Beckett Somonon which seem to fit my feet much better. Good luck.
Who made the recommendation?

CRP

Reaction score
I read the review on the Stridwise website. I can see it fitting some people, but for me the 11.5 would have been better for the forefoot. However, the heal might have been too wide then. Good luck - if the fit works for you, Thursday boot is a steal at their price and quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics