• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thursday Boot Co. Appreciation Thread News, Pictures, etc.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called Thursday Boot Co. today to ask about Factory Seconds as discussed earlier in the thread. They still sell them and will email you a link to the Seconds web page when you call in. Looks like they have a pretty good selection of Captains, some Presidents and Diplomats, a couple colors of Vanguards and some Scouts in a variety of sizes. Discount is generally around $50. Probably gonna order a pair of brown Captains tonight.

Post the link as it has changed and the old link is no valid anymore.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I just Found this thread so I thought I would give my opinion on the Thursday president boot natural I purchased back in October of 2019..have Been wearing them a lot since I got them in all kinds of weather..but did avoid the heavy slush and snow during the winter...I ordered 1/2 size down...as in Frye boots 1/2 down fit perfect...I found the Footbed to be quite comfortable right out of the box..it took about a week or so for the ankle leather to soften up...the boots arrived in perfect condition with no issues...welt and boot stitching looked great...free shipping to Canada was a nice surprise...the quality of the natural chromexel leather was excellent I thought..4 months later the boots fit like a glove and the leather is taking on a nice patina along with some marks and scrapes from wear...overall..I think for the price ..they are above my expectations..the leather is thinner than on my grant stone diesels..comfort wise..I’m satisfied..all In all if you want a good quality boot but don’t want to spend $500 and up ..these boots won’t disappoint you
48D2040D-2FFC-4085-8F3E-629768D2EEB5.jpeg
2A9C682E-BA63-4DD1-8760-DF00159D3996.jpeg
11E5B327-0F2E-47D3-8E4B-707F6C4B3D8B.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not been on this site for many years. Recently, I was looking for some sh*t kicker casual boots like some 1000 Miles as I now work in technology and wear jeans pretty much every day and most of my boots are dressier cordovan boots that don't get worn much these days.

I stumbled across Thursday Boot and at $200 a pop I figured I could get two pairs for less than a pair of Indy and not cry if I ruin them. Of course, I did not even think of looking into seconds.

So, I ordered a pair of Captains in burnt copper and a pair of President in natural. As other's have said, they seem to be quality boots. In general, I much prefer leather soled boots but these seem to serve their purpose for their intended use. The Captains came in with no issues and I have been wearing them for the first day. Half a size down and a little tight but everyone says they stretch.

The President in natural are beautiful boots. The only problem is there are leather defects in the vamp: two creases that do not run with the natural bend of the shoe (if they did, I wouldn't worry about them), and two divots in the leather. If I had paid for seconds, I would have no issue, but I paid full price so they are going back and I'm ordering the same ones as seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_20200406_130129065.jpg
    IMG_20200406_130129065.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20200406_130301040.jpg
    IMG_20200406_130301040.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 146

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I received my seconds order today. Similar markings in the leather. Not worried about it on $150 boots. The construction and stitching is solid. I also picked up a seconds belt in natural CXL for $50 so $200 for boots and a belt is not bad. No issues to speak of with the belt at all except that Thursday calls size 36 "XL"--so much for vanity sizing.

Happy with my purchase. I want to beat the crap out of these so that I can see how the leather patinas and how they hold up.

Here are the Presidents in natural CXL (seconds):
IMG_20200415_163233442.jpg

IMG_20200415_163221570.jpg

Captains in Burnt Copper in the wild.
IMG_20200413_111847933.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, after a brief (a couple weeks) romance, the veneer (in some cases literally) started to wear thin.

The burnt copper leather was the better of the two as it was a oiled type leather that actually looked like it might patina decently. This boot also fight tighter/better than the president in CXL. This would be my "favorite" of the two but the leather was quite thin and it started to get a bunch of micro-wrinkles. I suspect this was from the thinness of the leather which was stretching and bending at a different rate than the liner and I did not want to hang around to find out.

I had purchased the president as I tend to prefer a plain toe and this is one of their few Horween leather options (which I figured would be higher quality. The opposite was true. This must have been made out of the rejected Horween scraps. The first pair went back due to defects in the leather and I bought a pair of seconds which was no better/worse than the first pair. This leather was so thin, you can't tell how thin as they lined them to help hide this fact. The leather started to get a bunch of micro-wrinkles after a couple of wears. The neutral color you see around the welt was merely a veneer which also started to peel around the edges. The grain was all over the place and coupled with the micro-wrinkles it was quickly looking like crap. The usual beauty of natural CXL is that it will take on its own character and age beautifully. These were not going to age well.

Both boots were sold on eBay for about a 40% loss but I needed to make way for incoming Whites and Lofgrens.

Life is too short to wear crappy boots.

Salanizi

Reaction score
I just found this thread and here's my experience after getting sold into this brand by youtubers (most - not all who are con men who are paid to say things)

I got a Captain boot in Waxy Suede Size 9 (I wear between size 9-9.5 in dress shoes), and right from the unboxing I spotted some issues:

1. The welt and sole from the inside of the right boot was obviously not sanded down properly and was waay wider (very obvious) than the left boot - something that would not even be considered a "second" grade boot to sell

2. The sizing was waaay off, they always suggest along with their band of youtube con-men to size down, which I did, and they fit so tight that my toes were hitting the end of the boot, and the heel was so snug it hurt after a days walk - by then I thought that maybe this was the typical break-in period of boots since I had never purchased "proper" GYW boots before. I should have sized up half a size from my dress shoe size, completely contradictory to their advice

3. After three days of use - the insole began to feel like I was walking barefoot on concrete - I took a look into it and I could feel weird 'corrugations' and indents in the insole that were really hard

Needless to say, after 5 days of use and pain, I donated the boots, and I feel sorry for the guy who would use them, as they are trash. I would advise everyone to stay clear of this brand and spend your money elsewhere, and do not buy into the youtube crap they try to sell you as most of those guys are paid or gifted the boots.

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Scouts chukkas in brown because I realized all my casual shoes were either loafers or sneakers. Or $40 Asos sand-colored chelseas when I was trying to be Kanye in 2016.

Thursday doesn't fking ship to HK so I had to order through some weird mail forwarding thing.

Wish me luck boiz

Moostyle

Reaction score
Reviving this thread and I am surprised to see the last post was so long ago! I have done a lot of research on boots lately and have ordered a pair of Captains in Brown as my daily beater smart casual boots. If they end up fitting and performing well then I may order the Diplomats in Pebble too.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Reviving this thread and I am surprised to see the last post was so long ago! I have done a lot of research on boots lately and have ordered a pair of Captains in Brown as my daily beater smart casual boots. If they end up fitting and performing well then I may order the Diplomats in Pebble too.

I just found this thread and here's my experience after getting sold into this brand by youtubers (most - not all who are con men who are paid to say things)
I definitely don't think channels like Stridewise and Bootspy are "con men" as they buy and review a crapton of boots and really say that the Thursdays are among the most comfortable and most worn that they own.

VegasRebel

Reaction score
2. The sizing was waaay off, they always suggest along with their band of youtube con-men to size down, which I did, and they fit so tight that my toes were hitting the end of the boot, and the heel was so snug it hurt after a days walk - by then I thought that maybe this was the typical break-in period of boots since I had never purchased "proper" GYW boots before. I should have sized up half a size from my dress shoe size, completely contradictory to their advice

When I was on vacation in NY I went into their store to try on boots, and the reps said their sizing was all over the place. I wear a US 13 in basically everything, but got a 12.5 here and the boots fit well. I don't know that that's my Thursday size, though - another pair of "12.5s" might not fit as well. That was my wife's experience.

I can vouch for their customer service, though. After about a month the heel block on my boots started to separate. I think the glue was just not sufficiently applied. They sent me a second pair of boots and told me to keep the first - for a $25 fix at the cobbler I have two pairs of boots now. The black captains aren't exactly 'dress' boots, but I'm keeping one pair polished and one pair I'm not doing anything to as an experiment.

Mostly the boots are very comfortable, especially the soles. I find the leather at the top a bit stiff, and I think it's causing my shin a little pain as it breaks in, but overall I'm very happy with them. They didn't have an appreciable break-in period for anything else, so I can see why YouTube channels call them very comfortable if the boot doesn't hit that spot on them.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Been quite some time since anyone has commented ITT. Has the quality of Thursday changed at all for better or worse? I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the Vanguard or Captain if they have any seconds available or there is a sale for Labor Day. I know these won't hold a candle to Alden or high end boots but looking for something that I won't cry if it gets very wet or a bad scuff from everyday use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads