1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thrifters: How do you fix a price tag puncture in shirt fabric?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by coffeecupman, Aug 19, 2012.

1. coffeecupman

coffeecupman Well-Known Member

Ah. So that's what "lolwut" means. Who knew?

ccm

2. coffeecupman

What is this word, "expensive"? I thought you guys were all ballers.

Yeah, I was just saying it wasn't even an option. I mentioned that it can't be done, in case someone were to suggest it.

ccm

3. coffeecupman

Thanks, KObalto.

ccm

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

All due respect ccm, time spent posting on this thread/mulling options over a tiny hole < cost of savings on thrifted shirt

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I was in a courtroom last week when someone used that phrase while speaking to the judge. He interrupted her and said, "I've found over the years that when people say, "With all due respect...", they usually mean exactly the opposite!"

Since it wasn't a daytime reality TV courtroom, I resisted the urge to laugh out loud.

6. coffeecupman

Hi Spoo.

I get that, but I'm not exactly in a typical situation - I'm working on ships for 4wks at a time. Time on the internet is not something I am short of.

Despite this, although the clothing I am working on was acquired cheaply, I am using the cheap clothing to develop skill sets. So that someday, when I am buying $800+ shirts, I will know from experience how to take care of them/address uncommon problems.

When later in life it is not a thrifted shirt, and something punctures it, I want to know what to do. Looks from the replies like I'll be figuring it out on my own anyway - but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this first. If not on SF, after all, where else?

I polish my Corcoran steel toe work shoes with Saphir. Not because they need to shine like no other - but because I don't want to make my learner mistakes on Vass, etc - and out here I have the time to practice.

ccm

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for offering a perspective I hadn't considered. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way - but I understand your view now.

8. coffeecupman

Anyone with less than 5000 posts who goes looking for respect on Styleforum deserves all he gets.

I'm hear to read and ask questions about clothes.

ccm