• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thrift Stores in the Netherlands

Tcameron

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm studying abroad and have just had a disastrous laundry incident. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent thrift stores or consignment shops in the Netherlands and Particularly in the Venlo or Nijmegen area in Limburg. I leave Thursday for Croatia and need lots of inexpensive decent clothing ASAP. Thank you all!

T

Prince

Reaction score
As far as I know the thrift stores as we see them on these boards do not really exist in the Netherlands, at least not that I am aware of. If you need something cheap and reasonably decent, try H&M or something. Maybe there is a Suitsupply outlet in Roermond btw, but I am not sure.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You need to look for stores called "kringloop" or "kringloop winkel"

If you are looking for clothes, dont waste your time.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I am hoping this thread will develop into something worthwile, as was implied by the title, I'll start off with: 'Recessie 2.0' (or '3.0' I forget), Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 54, Groningen(, The Netherlands, ofcourse). Th store sells alot of 60s, 70s and 80s stuff with some rare gems (rare to find) inbetween. I've bought Corduroy jackets and (imagine my surprise) stylish wintercoats (meaning 'in fashion') from them. Further shirts and in my younger years T-shits. They also sell suits. I was there yesterday and saw a nice C&A suit
. I never try their suits on beacause I know from the getgo, they won't fit. (I'm special) Overall not bad. Certainly not great, but it is what it is. About a 100 meters downtown there is another (small) secondhand store. http://www.recessie.com/ Not the best, but the best in Groningen. Correct me if I'm wrong(, please).

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every tuesday (I think from 6 to 9 pm) there is a charity thrift open in Zoetermeer.

Its called "pilgrimshoevel", unless I have the spelling wrong.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search for a store named 'Oger"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%