• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift jackpot! woo!

graphix

Reaction score
Well, great day! I've been checking all the thrift stores and consignment shops around my area lately. Looking for some sport coats/cufflinks/outerwear. But being a 46l i havent had to much luck. Today however i was looking through a shirt rack when i noticed a Borelli for Nieman Marcus white dress shirt with thick MOP buttons....bummer...17 1/2 neck (im an 18). Next to it however there are at least 8 pressed banana republic shirts, all great shirts some with french cuffs some without. I ask the clerk if he has anything else from that consignor and he tells me that they came from a woman and her husband who run a fashion boutique upstairs, with the money going to charity. He grabs a pair of 38/30 Paper Denim Cloth jeans and tells me they are from the same guy. perfect fit!!

Haul.
7 Banana Republic shirts...
1 pair Paper Denim jeans
1 pair of cufflinks...
totals: 94$ !!!

Im so happy i could dance around the room.

AND! shes bringing in another lot of his clothes. SWEET!

I wish my neck was a 1/2 inch smaller or would have bought all the custom made white dress shirts as well! maybe not though cause the cuffs were monogrammed on most of them.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here, because i would have never found this deal if it hadn't been for the forums here.

Pics to come in a day or so.

thanks
B

fogg

Reaction score
Wow, you got a great haul. You should buy a lottery ticket - today's your lucky day!

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good finds... i love thrift stores... big part of my wardrobe comes from there.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go back and get the Borelli shirts and sell them on here! Those are amazing shirts, or move the button to fit you!

Halifamous

Reaction score
Vintage store, last week.

Costume National suit.

Mainline.
Runway.
F/W 03 I think.

200$

Didn't fit.
So I made my brother buy it.
He got her down to 160$.

For Costume National.

That ******.

graphix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Go back and get the Borelli shirts and sell them on here! Those are amazing shirts, or move the button to fit you!

they also have monogrammed cuffs....think you could take that out without it being noticeable?

Max

Reaction score
Pssh, that's not real thrift jackpot. More like a good day. Thrift jackpot is like a ysl jacket, 4 ties, a scarf, a pair of cufflinks, a bag, three polo shirts, and a jazzercise VHS tape for $9.50. Central Maine like whoa.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you have small very sharp scissors or a seam ripper (which is cheap), those are $400.00 shirts, if there are several, hell you could sell the buttons for more than you pay for the shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads