• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Threesomes - how are they normally initiated?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Is alcohol usually involved? Are they pre-planned or what?
It's either one, the other, or typically both, IME.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend jokingly suggested it before...but I'm pretty sure she was joking.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I have much to teach you

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had one request brought up by an ex, but her plan involved another dude. From her description of him, I became deeply concerned about what violations would be committed on my arse in the event I passed out. So I declined.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never had the luck of having a three some. I use the word luck because thats what it is.

Every story Ive ever heard was that its initiated by the girls. And yes, alcohol is almost always involved.

An ex and I wanted to do it (actually, I wanted too, i just think she wanted to please me) and she searched for girls on criagslist and stuff, but nothing ever really came of it.

Best of luck. Send pics.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't have a threesome with anyone you plan on having an actual relationship with, it'll implode (so says Dr. Drew, so sayeth we all)

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
How are threesomes normally initiated? Are they ever spontaneous where you just have one guy and two girls in the same room and then suddenly all hell breaks loose? Is alcohol usually involved? Are they pre-planned or what?

In my experience, the girls suggest it.

I've experienced 2 such suggestions, both while in undergrad, and never followed through:

1) a girl asked if I had a guy friend that would be interested in DPing her. Not just any DP, but we both had to be in the same hole at the same time. I declined. I'm not sure if she was serious, or simply liked the idea/fantasy of it.

2) a couple of girls met me at a party. I was drunk, and didn't think anything of the limited conversation. Unfortunate cute chick + ugly chick pair. Later, when I saw them while sober, they said they had the idea of a threesome and that they had hoped for one at the party, but they thought I was too drunk to accomplish it. Due to the ugliness factor of the one girl and the fact that I was sober at the time, my assessment was a threesome was not worth it. History probably would have been different had they asked me while I was drunk. Or not, maybe they were right.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

speedymon

Reaction score
Of my experiences they are initiated by a girl and alcohol is almost always involved. I've had a few. The girls really determine it since they are very picky.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
My girlfriend jokingly suggested it before...but I'm pretty sure she was joking.

Why do you say that? Women have fantasies that they are hesitant to express because of social restrictions and stigmas. Many women enjoy 3somes (I know this from personal experience).

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With large amounts of alcohol?

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
With large amounts of money?
I thought I'd change that sentence a bit...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 31 - 40