1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Three-Name Entertainers who don't suck - name them

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Thomas, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Nugget

Nugget Senior member

One of David Bowie's redeeming qualities lies in his never having accepted an invitiation to MBE or knighthood. I like him for that, along with his rampant bisexuality and weird eyes. But even if he had accepted a knighthood, he still would not be on this list, because SIR IS NOT A NAME.

it kinda is in this case.. nice Bowie story though... yawn.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

it kinda is in this case.. nice Bowie story though... yawn.

Sir Les is also kinda fictional. DQ

3. Nugget

Nugget Senior member

you catch on so fast.. special star.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

you catch on so fast.. special star.

ooh, snarl Nugget, snarl.

You're just upset since I already DQ'd Jean-Claude Van Damme and you've been hung up on his greatness since Double Impact.

5. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Yves Saint Laurent- He was in his documentary and was quite entertaining.

6. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Kristen Scott Thomas...I don't recall the prior ruling but she does very little for me. SOOOO...I'll rule again....I watched the English Patient one evening - back before it hit big - with Mrs. T (not KST but my wife) in a small indie theater in the hip/trendy/gay part of town (the ONLY place screening it). I hoped for nookie afterwards, but the mondo depresso ending cancelled out all hopes of a compensatory blowjob. I hold this Kristen Scott Thomas personally responsible for my sexual frustration.

I saw her earlier this month in Chekov's Seagull. Quite a different role for her as a cougar. Growl! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

+1 on Ol' Dirty Bastard.

8. Nugget

Nugget Senior member

ooh, snarl Nugget, snarl. You're just upset since I already DQ'd Jean-Claude Van Damme and you've been hung up on his greatness since Double Impact.
    Ok, you got me there. Was he DQ'd because of too many names or too few? Or the more obvious failure of the 'not suck' criteria. I guess you will also not permit Dame Edna Everage? Gimme some thinking music.. and time I need more time.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yves Saint Laurent- He was in his documentary and was quite entertaining.

Wasn't YSL a recluse by nature? How is that entertaining?

That said, I can't DQ a man of that kind of talent. And he made Kouros, so he's on the list.

I saw her earlier this month in Chekov's Seagull. Quite a different role for her as a cougar. Growl! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

.....hmmm. Guess I better check that one out.

+1 on Ol' Dirty Bastard.

+1 on "add him to the list" or +1 on Ol' not being a name? Or Dirty? Or Bastard?

Ok, you got me there. Was he DQ'd because of too many names or too few? Or the more obvious failure of the 'not suck' criteria.

I guess you will also not permit Dame Edna Everage? Gimme some thinking music.. and time I need more time.

If I waived the 'not suck' criteria, Jean-Claude Van Damme actually is two names. Jean-Claude is his first name (I know, it sounds stupid until you realize that no one calls him Jean - it's always Jean-Claude) and his middle names are Camille and Francois. I swear, he has more names than my Spanish cousins who cling to their faded aristocracy - but only goes by J-C. And Van Damme is a surname.

Of course I could also just say that JCvD sucks and put an end to all the hair-splitting [​IMG]

10. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

If you're extending this to designers, then I will add some directors: Francis Ford Coppola, Wong Kar Wai.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

If you're extending this to designers, then I will add some directors: Francis Ford Coppola, Wong Kar Wai.

Okay, then. Directors: Francis Ford Coppola is a tough decision for me because while he is a gifted auteur, his middle name is Ford and that counts against his greatness. You see I have a grudge against Ford because the board forced out the rogue genius Alex Trotman and installed the Clown Prince Bill Ford who has since run the company into the ground. So I reflexively sneer anytime I hear Ford.

Then again, Coppola produces a decent wine and has sired Sofia Coppola who has her charms. So he's in.

But woe to the person who posts Ford Madox Ford. Just sayin.

12. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

^ Trust me, the Ford part almost prevented me from putting him forth for consideration [​IMG]

13. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member