• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three Minute Philosophy

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
This dude is great....Australian humor (and ridiculously fast heavily accented speech) at its finest:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

The rest are here.

Oh ya, and cue the 'welcome to 20XX' post from whoever found it before me but didn't share it....

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I think, therefore I am" is a fallacy. You cannot prove that you are just because you think. You are presuming yourself to exist and be capable of thought in order to prove that yourself exists.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
The rest are here
bookmarked for when finals are over.
Originally Posted by landshark
"I think, therefore I am" is a fallacy. You cannot prove that you are just because you think. You are presuming yourself to exist and be capable of thought in order to prove that yourself exists.
lolwut?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
There's a better way to explain the fallacy you're getting at. The statement is justly famous because it's a rather elegant solution to Descartes hypothetical skepticism--how am I sure anything exists? The cogito merely posits that there must be something (the I) that is doing the thinking, and regardless of what that thing actually it, it must exist. The problem lies in the equation of the "I" who's making the statement and the "I" that exists. (This is what Jacques Lacan calls the difference between the subject of the enunciation and the subject of the enunciated.)

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a philo major, I will be wasting my saturday night on this. Hillarious. Thank you.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
glad you guys liked it
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol. good stuff.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was great
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I liked the Galileo one.

Treen

Reaction score
I played the Plato one to one of my classes earleier this year... They loved it.

Well done to them for making ones on Heraclitus and Parmenides as well.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, great stuff! I think Drunk History would go well with this...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
I enjoyed the Nietzsche one.

I'm disappointed that they distill Nietzsche down to NIHILISM LOLS. Dude's way more than that.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
first update in ages...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads