• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Three for Thursday: Streetwear Threads You Should Read

StyleforumRobot

Distinguished Member
Admin
Reaction score
I - and most of our editorial staff - tend to feature Classic Menswear threads and posts in this space, which, on some level is a shame. Let's rectify this situation with three great threads.

Streetwear Suits and Blazers

If I had to guess, I'd say that 25% of our posters probably find StyleForum through some random Google search related to suiting. And this suiting tends to be true business suiting - how to dress for a wedding, how to dress for a job interview, how to dress for your new BigLaw position as a summer intern on a shoestring, state university budget. But there's more to suiting than the paint-by-numbers offerings by Italian houses with generic names which include "Sartoria". There's also the entire realm of designer, streetwear-esque suiting: from workwear brands like Engineered Garments, to true design offerings straight off the runway from Martin Margiela, Dries van Noten and Rick Owens. But hell, at least it's interesting, right? And no London Lounge tweeds here!

Truman Boots

StyleForum clearly has a vested interested in Viberg boots, but Viberg is not the only streetwear, artisinal (can we use that word?) boot brand out there. New to the plate is Truman boots: an America-based, one-man operation that produces several appealing styles of rugged, hardwearing, classic boots. Based on my vast StyleForum experience - stretching from the beginning from the forum through today - Truman Boots are going to blow the fuck up over the next several years (soon enough J. Crew will be selling them), and this, now, is your chance to hop on a trend before hype inflates prices and extends wait times into months and years.

Girl Power

One of the true points of sadness on the internet is that there's no women's version of StyleForum - sure, there's PurseForum, but that site has a certain fundamental consumerism and lack of critical analysis that is fundamental to our fair forum - and we don't have a lot of threads about women's clothing and fashion. But we have this thread: equal parts running commentary on women's fashion, and equal parts extended dream/fantasy sequence. For my pick (considering my robotic proclivities), I'd always go for a razorgirl like Molly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%