• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thread missing on AA

Giona Granata

Reaction score
I do not want to start polemics, but I read on AskAndy someone noticing my thread "Darren/Mahon" is missing. In that thread I simply posted this link on both SF and AA. http://www.englishcut.com/archives/000018.html#more Well, I honestly do not understand why my post was deleted in AskAndy forum, while it still lives without problems and without polemics here in Style Forum. And it was deleted without a word from the Administrator nor to the forums member neither to me. Very much bad-mannered I think, to say the least. Why?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because the AA forum is full of people who like to start fights over anything.

acole

Reaction score
Why not just ask the moderators of AAAC why they deleted your post?  Since no one here can account for their actions, the only thing left to discuss is your characterization of AskAndy as "very much bad-mannered".  The most likely result of that, of course, is the polemics you say you want to avoid...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Obviously I'm not a mod at AA, but the thread did exist there for awhile, so any regular could have seen the link. And sadly, there has been some acrimony on the list from a few select individuals. I'm sure they decided they'd rather avoid that if they could. I'm sure Andy would discuss it with you, though. Seems like a good fellow.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a note there saying that both gentlemen prefer that the topic be dropped. I missed the original thread that started it all but that one is gone as well.

For what it's worth, no matter who is right and wrong these sorts of board wars hurt everyone involved.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, Malinda said that both wanted the topic dropped, so the thread was removed.

Originally posted by Carlo:
.... no matter who is right and wrong these sorts of board wars hurt everyone involved.
I would generally agree, except for this case when Darren was caught out lying....... Mahon's behaviour was exemplary, and I believe he gained more respect than before.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Giona:

I can vouch for the fact that Andy's a VERY decent guy. He's a member here under AskAndy I believe. PM/E-mail him or post a question on AA as you have here.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Malinda's doing a great job on moderating AA. It's too bad that a lot of threads there degenerate into flamewars.

Giona Granata

Reaction score
Steve:

T4Phage already posted that on AA, that's how I noticed the thread was missing. I posted here because I trust this forum.

jester

Reaction score
It's too bad that a lot of threads there degenerate into flamewars.
We're just all-around nicer guys
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
We're just all-around nicer guys
Well I'd like to think so, but I think it's more due to more members at AA who prefer bespoke and American trad and that sort of thing. Perhaps they view clothing as art and as artists tend to compromise less on creative vision. Plus I believe they're older, and older people tend to be more set in their ways. (Present company, aged 46, of course excluded-
smile.gif
) I like AA and enjoy reading it when I have the time. Moderating here can be pretty time-consuming.

Eastparkole

Reaction score
Bad timing, Giona, and of course bu$ine$$, is the basis for the deletion of the Darren/Mahon thread To wit, the show that they're promoting touts Darren as a "master tailor" Much to everyone's embarrassment, the Darren/Mahon dispute erupts, and Thomas, former colleague of Darren at Andersen and Sheppard, portrays Darren in a most unfavorable and unflattering light, and questions his tailoring credentials and reputation in the London bespoke community. Was it purely coincidental that the thread, which contained a link to Mahon's own blog detailing Darren's backround, was deleted? I think you're smart enough to know the answer.

tdial

Reaction score
Bad timing, Giona, and of course bu$ine$$, is the basis for the deletion of the Darren/Mahon thread  To wit, the show that they're promoting touts Darren as a "master tailor"  Much to everyone's embarrassment, the Darren/Mahon dispute erupts, and Thomas, former colleague of Darren at Andersen and Sheppard, portrays Darren in a most unfavorable and unflattering light, and questions his tailoring credentials and reputation in the London bespoke community.   Was it purely  coincidental that the thread, which contained a link to Mahon's own blog detailing Darren's backround, was deleted?  I think you're smart enough to know the answer.
Or, a less conspiracy theory oriented answer would be that the AA people didn't want the usual malcontents blowing up that board over a bunch of girlish pettiness.

Seriously, sir, can't you find better things to do than puff your chest out on an anonymous internet board?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey "Eastparkole", a/k/a "harveyfairport", do you think, if you're going to come on here, you could at least stick to one username? Everyone knows it's you. BTW, you're not fooling anyone by posting from Kinko's.

I don't even dispute what you're saying (nor do I have an opinion on the matter), but I'd appreciate not being taken for an idiot. Thanks.

tdial

Reaction score
Hey "Eastparkole", a/k/a "harveyfairport", do you think, if you're going to come on here, you could at least stick to one username? Everyone knows it's you. BTW, you're not fooling anyone by posting from Kinko's.

I don't even dispute what you're saying (nor do I have an opinion on the matter), but I'd appreciate not being taken for an idiot. Thanks.
I don't want to continue to breathe life into this, but the thought of some person huddled in a corner typing bile about clothing while in the computer section of a Kinko's makes me laugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads