• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts & Sizing of Borrelli Luxury Vintage

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am considering buying this Luxury Vintage sweater http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...F&sts=sr_men80 . It is only available in 52 EU in the color I want (azure). A thumbnail of the sweater is given below.

I generally wear 50EU in Cucinelli. Am I correct in understanding that Luxury Vintage runs slim and 52 in LV will be more or less be equal to 50 in BC. Any idea what the pit to pit measurement of 52 in LV sweater.

Also what are your thoughts about LV sweaters in general. I thought a wool-cashmere mix sweater under 100 USD is a good deal.

Best Regards

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reasonable price on Yoox on those.

I have a couple of cotton and cashmere/wool Borelli Luxury Vintage sweaters, either bought in Europe or US (www.virtualclotheshorse.com has some). I also wear 50 EE in Cucinelli, I would not size up, the LV are pretty slim fitted though.

Dsquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clausc
Reasonable price on Yoox on those.

I have a couple of cotton and cashmere/wool Borelli Luxury Vintage sweaters, either bought in Europe or US (www.virtualclotheshorse.com has some). I also wear 50 EE in Cucinelli, I would not size up, the LV are pretty slim fitted though.

Can you please post measurements of one cashmere/wool LV sweater in size 50.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, if this hijacks the thread a bit but I had a question regarding Borrelli shirts and thought I might as well post here. I wear 15.5/39 shirts. Shoulder measurements that fits me in most shirts is 18.5 inches. However, all 15.5 / 39 Borrelli's that I have are 21 inches in shoulder measurement. A good 2.5 inches more than the rest of the shirts. Despite that, the Borrelli's fit me really well on the shoulder and I love their fit. Do others also notice this in their Borrelli's and what could the explanation be for the nice fit despite the much larger measurements? What gives?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
having some problems with my luxury vintage shoes that I have only worn about 10 times. The bottom of the sole appears to be coming "un-glued" ?? edges are coming undone.... really a bummer as I love the look of the shoes but the quality doesn't seem to be very good.

gbrown_nyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
having some problems with my luxury vintage shoes that I have only worn about 10 times. The bottom of the sole appears to be coming "un-glued" ?? edges are coming undone.... really a bummer as I love the look of the shoes but the quality doesn't seem to be very good.

Same problem with two pairs I have. I gave in and got them Topy'ed. The cobbler explained to me why it was happening and if I remember correctly it had something to do with hidden stitching on the sole. I know nothing about shoe construction so I could only nod my head and look wise. Having said that I've no other complaints with the shoes.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn! no kidding? I thought it was just my unlucky pair. How bad did your pairs get before you had them fixed?

Originally Posted by gbrown_nyc
Same problem with two pairs I have. I gave in and got them Topy'ed. The cobbler explained to me why it was happening and if I remember correctly it had something to do with hidden stitching on the sole. I know nothing about shoe construction so I could only nod my head and look wise. Having said that I've no other complaints with the shoes.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are the ones you got from recent Borrelli sale, made by Alexender?

gbrown_nyc

Reaction score
damn! no kidding? I thought it was just my unlucky pair. How bad did your pairs get before you had them fixed?

First layer of leather peeled back about a quarter inch and was annoyingly flapping until I got the Topy done. Happened after maybe a dozen wearings of each pair.

Both pairs were from Gilt so I don't know if they are the same as the ones at the sample sale.

withstyle

Reaction score
I own a BLV shirt that fit like a sail OTR. Was the roomiest shirt I have ever purchased. I intended on having it tailored (now finished) and liked the pattern. Fits well now.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe mine originally came from the gilt sale. How can I ID them as Alexander?

Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
Those are the ones you got from recent Borrelli sale, made by Alexender?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe mine originally came from the gilt sale. How can I ID them as Alexander?

I remeber they would say Alexander on the bottom of the sole, they were in LV shoe box , but don't remeber they have the LV marking inside the shoes. But the Borrelli shoes were clearly better made than the LV shoes when I was @ the sample sale couple of months ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads