• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on tomorrow's potential outfit

Razeus

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
I bought some stuff and recently got them back from my tailor. Anyways, I've been wanting to wear this solid navy long sleeve v-neck merino wool sweater for some time, and now that it's cooler out, here's my chance.

I never wear v-neck sweaters without something underneath so I'm going to wear my baby pink button down (Ike Behar) under it. I'm having trouble on deciding on the pants. I want to wear my new To Boot NY dress shoes with them (don't know the name, just model 1300J) which are black and look very sharp. I'm thinking one of my 100% wool, double pleated slacks, in either navy or charcoal.

To summarize:
Baby pink button down
Navy merino v neck
Black dress shoes
Slacks, either navy or charcoal

Thoughts?
 

Eccentric

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
610
Reaction score
3
Personally, I would wear a dark brown shoe instead of black, but to each his own.
 

Razeus

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Eccentric
Personally, I would wear a dark brown shoe instead of black, but to each his own.

that's what i was thinking. i usually wear a dark brown shoe when I wear my navy slacks, but wasn't sure about the brown with the light pink shirt on.
 

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
8,106
Reaction score
85
gray flannel pants and dark brown shoes. End of discussion. Done, finito.

Always a sharp combo to pair gray flannel with practically anything, it's just that versatile.
 

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
24,367
Reaction score
423
Originally Posted by lee_44106
gray flannel pants and dark brown shoes. End of discussion. Done, finito.

Always a sharp combo to pair gray flannel with practically anything, it's just that versatile.

+1, hard to beat gray flannel and dark brown shoes.
 

kakaroach

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Personally I'm more of a Navy Vneck - Pale blue button down (top unbuttoned) - Red Cords or red slim jeans - Brouges in tan or cognac. Socks are to taste..sometimes I'll go sockless if the pants permit a good look for the ankle..and if I don't make a mess out of the powder (yes I use ze fut pouhdah!).
 

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
22,511
Reaction score
3,503
Well, if you're wearing a navy sweater, it seems that automatically nixes the navy pants.
 

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
24,367
Reaction score
423
Originally Posted by Razeus
I bought some stuff and recently got them back from my tailor. Anyways, I've been wanting to wear this solid navy long sleeve v-neck merino wool sweater for some time, and now that it's cooler out, here's my chance.

I never wear v-neck sweaters without something underneath so I'm going to wear my baby pink button down (Ike Behar) under it. I'm having trouble on deciding on the pants. I want to wear my new To Boot NY dress shoes with them (don't know the name, just model 1300J) which are black and look very sharp. I'm thinking one of my 100% wool, double pleated slacks, in either navy or charcoal.

To summarize:
Baby pink button down
Navy merino v neck
Black dress shoes
Slacks, either navy or charcoal

Thoughts?

Pics of what you decided to wear today?
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 74 16.7%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 144 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 36 8.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 26 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 15 3.4%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 2.0%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 27 6.1%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,538
Messages
9,199,936
Members
193,219
Latest member
magnusmlra

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top