• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this Tux?

montmorency

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I'm going to wear it for the first time at my wedding next year.

I hadn't heard the good news before. Congratulations!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Congratulations. On the wedding, too.

For shoes, patent leather (oxfords) or some kind of pump (calf or patent) are standard. Brooks now sells patent pumps-- mine from there are calf, which would be worth looking out for.

If Brooks patent oxfords don't fit right or look the way you want, I think Alden has a model that isn't too clunky, and there is always Edward Green.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Congratulations. On the wedding, too.

For shoes, patent leather (oxfords) or some kind of pump (calf or patent) are standard. Brooks now sells patent pumps-- mine from there are calf, which would be worth looking out for.

If Brooks patent oxfords don't fit right or look the way you want, I think Alden has a model that isn't too clunky, and there is always Edward Green.

Originally Posted by montmorency
I hadn't heard the good news before. Congratulations!

Thanks guys.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Grats on the great dinner suit AND the wedding, mate.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
What kind of shoes does everyone recommend with formal wear? Is patent leather the only way to go, or are there other options (other than pumps, which are out of the question).

Nice tux OE. Since you seem to like Tramezzas, have a look at these patent leather Nostros: http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-Ferragamo-M...QQcmdZViewItem

I never knew they made this shoe in patent and while some purists consider wholecuts inappropriate for formal wear, I think they'd look smashing with your ensemble.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Allen Edmonds Ritz ( patent pumps ) from ebay at $85 new in box, there are still some, like this 9.5 D and another pair of Allen Edmons copley ( patent oxfords) there is still one in 11 those costed around $90 also new in box

Ritz

Copley

There are also the spencer ( patent bluchers) but I don't see them on ebay..

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice and a great price for an Isaia (not a Gianluca Napoli)!

Did you buy it from Nitro?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh

Yeah. It looks like he's on vacation for the next two weeks or so, so it'll be a while before I get it, but I'll prepare a full report when I do.

tsherry

Reaction score
I have this tux and love it (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=26225&page=2). Just picked it up from Centofanti in Ardmore, PA who did the alterations. Needed the seat taken in a little and I had the sleeves shortened and working buttons added. You will walk taller and be better looking and smarter.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great buy! Good luck on your marriage as well. Mine is the best thing I ever did.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh

Is it an Isaia or a Gianluca? Not that it really matters as either would be infinitely preferable to a rental.

Perry

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To OE: Congrats on the wedding and the tux.

To everyone else (grumble, grumble) I want one of those Isaia tuxes... Grr.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks grim. Still haven't gotten it. When the hell is nitro coming back from vacation!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tomorrow, he says.
sly.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I received the tux from Nitr-o on ebay, and it was a notch lapel and not a peak lapel. I complained to him and he offered to take it back and pay for shipping both ways. I asked him if he had a peak lapel in stock to exchange, but he didn't respond. I now see that he has another peak lapel in the same size for sale on ebay. Either he doesn't want to send me the peak lapel (maybe he thinks he can get more money for it now), or he's going to fool someone else by advertising a peak lapel but sending a notch lapel. In any case, I recommend being careful with this ebay seller because something strange is going on here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads