thoughts on this tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kmwrestle, Jul 16, 2008.

1. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Senior member

I bought this ted baker tie maybe 6 months ago (9.99 at marshalls) and it has just sat on my tie rack I kind of like it, but im kind of scared of it at the same time. What do you guys think? [​IMG] What color shirt would it go with? I was thinking maybe a light yellow?

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

What color shirt would it go with?
    Theoretically, it could go with a myriad of solid colored shirts. That said................[​IMG]

3. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

White shirt, grey or navy jacket.

4. kmwrestle

kmwrestle Senior member

is the tie too busy for a professional enviroment? or am i just being too conservative?

5. wgiceman

wgiceman Senior member

It can work in a professional environment, in my opinion. It will go well with a navy, medium blue, or medium gray suit. You can use a light blue or white shirt.

6. R-H

R-H Senior member

Wear it if you plan on doing something social directly after work (e.g. drinks).

7. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Senior member

I agree. I like it.

8. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

I do like that tie...Ted Baker always has such cool ties.

9. dk123

dk123 Senior member

Just avoid going near any games of darts.

10. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I really don't like it, but that's me.

11. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I'm not loving it. I've bought quite a few ties for myself only to decide they were a little too wild, so I'm not trying to put you down, just giving my honest opinion.

12. Irv

Irv Well-Known Member

Very bold and brave but it works..... Ted Baker know what they're doing.

Not sure I'd be wearing to your next business meeting but it would definitely work in a casual environment.

Great buy!

13. tlmusic

tlmusic Senior member

I don't mind your tie... It will match well with a white or maybe a medium blue shirt. There is one practical reason to buy Manton approved, medium width "classic" ties. They won't be out of date as quickly as this one will. To me it screams out "2003". Today, in 2008, that's not a bad thing, but it seems unlikely this tie will be wearable 5-10 years from now. [​IMG] In a way your tie is the modern equivalent of this 1940's tie from my collection pictured below. Right now your tie is a fashionable "party tie" and socially acceptable, like this one would have been back in 1948. [​IMG]

14. Caomhanach

Caomhanach Senior member

I wore this really bright wild rag one day this horseygirl gave me for fixing her horse's head tossing ( I merely released the upper bar from it's keeper on a full cheek snaffle.) I was wearing it, leaning against the pasture rail when my horse Bad Bob slipped up, grabbed the rag in his mouth and sat down like he was a quarterhorse doing a reining slide stop. I'm choking to death and grabbing for my sheepsfoot emergency knife when my riding partner ran up, grabbed the Spyderco and cut me free. I was gasping for air, considering retrieving the old .44 russian New Service out of my tack box and give Old Bob a warning shot between his ears.My rescuer ( the other cowboy) said ' dammit, that girl gave 3 of you guys those rags and two of them had horses squirt out from underneath for no reason at all and now this. I rolled over to see Bob stomping the rag into oblivion. I 'Vet' all my ties now, using that famed adage ' If it doesn't frighten the horses.'Sometimes you just have to throw a tie on and see what happens.[​IMG]

15. yfyf

yfyf Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

I wore this really bright wild rag one day this horseygirl gave me for fixing her horse's head tossing ( I merely released the upper bar from it's keeper on a full cheek snaffle.) I was wearing it, leaning against the pasture rail when my horse Bad Bob slipped up, grabbed the rag in his mouth and sat down like he was a quarterhorse doing a reining slide stop. I'm choking to death and grabbing for my sheepsfoot emergency knife when my riding partner ran up, grabbed the Spyderco and cut me free. I was gasping for air, considering retrieving the old .44 russian New Service out of my tack box and give Old Bob a warning shot between his ears.My rescuer ( the other cowboy) said ' dammit, that girl gave 3 of you guys those rags and two of them had horses squirt out from underneath for no reason at all and now this. I rolled over to see Bob stomping the rag into oblivion. I 'Vet' all my ties now, using that famed adage ' If it doesn't frighten the horses.'Sometimes you just have to throw a tie on and see what happens.[​IMG]

What? If you read that paragraph out loud, it's just noise.

Also, the tie is -1 regardless of environment.