Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on this suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Renwick, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Renwick

Renwick Senior member

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm not a fan of Dolce & Gabbana, nor, in general, of dark colored cotton suits (generally not quite elegant enough a drape for the evening, but not quite casual enough for the day). That said, I think that the cut of Dolce & Gabbana suits is eminently suited (no pun intended) to many (read non-ideal) body types. They tend to fit slightly wider in the body without sacrificing the much sought after Italian silhouette (in contrast to, say, boxy Boss Hugo Boss suits). Also, I find that Dolce Gabbana suits are generally better constructed and from more lustrous materials than other designer suits in a similar price range.

Renwick, it appears that you have a suit obsession. But if you have the means, by all means go for it.

3. Renwick

Renwick Senior member

Thanks LAG. I do indeed have a suit obsession. I wear a suit and tie almost every day (my friends call it my uniform). I was thinking that the suit would be good for hot stuffy night clubs and bars where I still want to dress up but don't want to sweat to death.